Klipsch r115sw new or SVS PB2000 new or used pb13 ultra

jordan122345

Okay I am sure this has been beaten to death. But I will be running Klipsch RF7iii's, Klipsch RC64iii, Klipsch rp502s, denim x4400h. At some point down the road may do an emotiva xpa3 for the fronts. Ok so I was set on getting a single new Klipsch r115sw and then keep seeing pretty decent deals on the pb2000 from SVS. So I will be putting this all in a pretty small enclosed room of 13' long x 11' wide x 7' high ceilings. Now a used SVS pb13 ultra just popped up locally for $1k? Or a used sb2000 with 3 years warranty left for $500? Thoughts on which route to go. Thanks as always 

4 minutes ago, willland said:

Personally, I would go for the PB-13 Ultra if it's the version 2 with the SLEDGE amp.

Bill

It says it is a ultra pro if that means anything and he says he is including the svs bass isolation feet too. Is there two versions of the pb13 ultra pro?

4 minutes ago, jordan122345 said:

It says it is a ultra pro if that means anything and he says he is including the svs bass isolation feet too. Is there two versions of the pb13 ultra pro?

I would ask if BASH amp or SLEDGE amp?

Bill

DIY isn’t for everyone, that’s for sure.

I would buy the SVS, for how robust the amp, cabinet and the woofer are alone. That and SVS has a stellar reputation for producing quality subwoofers at “reasonable” prices. They are also highly regarded when it comes to their customer service and honoring their warranties.

Getting ANY SVS subwoofer around 1/2 of MSRP will also leave you the ability to get most, if not all your initial investment back, if you end not being happy, which I highly doubt. I have sold a couple different SVS subs over the years and they sell fast on the local used markets.

With all of that said, you likely won’t want to load and unload subwoofers that size/weight too many times.. I gave myself minor back issues, being dumb and trying to pick up one of their dual 12” subs by myself a few years back. More of awkwardness for the size than anything but still not smart. 

Go buy it and let us know your impressions;)

2 hours ago, K5SS said:

DIY isn’t for everyone, that’s for sure.

I would buy the SVS, for how robust the amp, cabinet and the woofer are alone. That and SVS has a stellar reputation for producing quality subwoofers at “reasonable” prices. They are also highly regarded when it comes to their customer service and honoring their warranties.

Getting ANY SVS subwoofer around 1/2 of MSRP will also leave you the ability to get most, if not all your initial investment back, if you end not being happy, which I highly doubt. I have sold a couple different SVS subs over the years and they sell fast on the local used markets.

With all of that said, you likely won’t want to load and unload subwoofers that size/weight too many times.. I gave myself minor back issues, being dumb and trying to pick up one of their dual 12” subs by myself a few years back. More of awkwardness for the size than anything but still not smart. 

Go buy it and let us know your impressions;)

Ok I went and listened to it and WOW. I am going with the pb13 ultra. 

• Like 2