Pork Rib rub

T2K

I’ve tried many rubs for pork.  The one my friends and family like the most is Cookies Flavor Enhancer.

No real flavor peaks or valleys, just solid porky goodness.  I ran out of rub one time while smoking 40lbs of riblets, so I grabbed this stuff for the last 10lbs and the crowd voted them best.  I now use it constantly. 

• Moderators

I always seem to change rubs and marinades, one of my favorites is for pork loins not really a rub but a marinade, if you like a little spice. I  cover both sides with Sriracha sauce and granulated onion and garlic with a little salt and refrigerate it for 1-2 days before smoking. I like the taste and it's not as hot as you might think.

Have a pork loin and some chicken to cook this evening, I seasoned it last night and put it back in the refrigerator. I did these a little different, basted some Dales seasoning which is a soy sauce based liquid with some dry seasoning used for boiling seafood just for a little spice, we will see?

Our family does ... make all presents for Christmas, and secret Santa. This year I got my brother in law who's a big time smoker/griller.    I'm going to collect up some of your recipes and make a homemade BBQ/Smoker/Rub recipe book for him, along with some homemade rubs.  We have a really good spice store here in Calgary (close to where the knife store is that I mentioned in another thread ... re. knives), so can get lots of ingredients.  They also have their own rubs, which are all really good.  We've been making some of our own, but always on the look out for what others do.

Thanks for this thread, I know there are others I'll search around in here.

I have a new BBQ place going in across the street of my office.  I hope its good or I mean, I hope its just decent even.   I have my office window cracked now and digging the smell, just hope after my first trip Im not smelling failure every day.  

• Haha 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Max2 said:

I have a new BBQ place going in across the street of my office.  I hope its good or I mean, I hope its just decent even.   I have my office window cracked now and digging the smell, just hope after my first trip Im not smelling failure every day.  

That can be good or bad, I once worked across a bayou from a coffee plant, you could smell coffee roasting all day every day it smelled great.

I didn't even drink coffee back then but it may have been what led me to so much of it now, liking the smell and taste?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dtel said:

That can be good or bad, I once worked across a bayou from a coffee plant, you could smell coffee roasting all day every day it smelled great.

I didn't even drink coffee back then but it may have been what led me to so much of it now, liking the smell and taste?

How did you get stuck on chicory?

• Moderators

It was so popular around New Orleans when I started drinking it I just bought what was popular, not really knowing and kind of stuck with it. I knew a couple people that worked at the bigger coffee roasters in town and they would give some pure coffee they thought was better than the average they ran across. But I thought it always tasted flat compared to the mix. 

Cheap taste buds I guess. I do like coffee without chicory but it has to be made strong, I guess the chicory makes it taste stronger? Brought some supposedly really good Blue Mountain coffee back from Jamaica, gave it away thought it was just bland.

I started drinking coffee only about 20 years ago, a neighbor/friend would come over almost every day and he liked coffee so we always had some around for him. I got into the habit of drinking it with him and it just progressed to a habit/addiction. 

What I don't understand is like this past weekend, we were gone from Friday am to Monday night and I might have had 3-4 cups, but no problem with almost no caffeine compared to 10-12 cups a day.