Triangle Port/Cornscala - Sold

justinsweber

Cornscala horn speaker - ampsandsound Hudson
For sale is a new Cornscala 3 way horn speaker system. Selling off my newly built Klipsch style Cornscala's which are modeled after the famous Cornwalls and and built by staff at ampsandsoud. Exactly the same driver compliment as the ampsandsound Hudson. 

All parts are new. For those who don't know a Cornscala utilizes the best parts of a Klipsch Cornwall and a La Scala together.

Cabinetry is done with Baltic birch and utilizes biscuits and additional bracing for strength, reduce distortion and resonance. 3/4" Ply with ¼" MDF for a perfectly flat, no resonant surface. Each panel is 1" thick. All braces and back panel are secured with ¼-20 fasteners.
Black satin lacquer. Gorgeous on the eyes.

Low frequency driver includes massive direct radiating 15" woofer for bass. This is the same woofer use in the Klipsch 904 and in the Cinema line. The woofer's weight rests on its shoulder and not its face to increase rigidity and minimize basket flex. The additional double motor board around the woofer provides isolation and the rigidity needed for truly chest thumping bass.

Midrange horn is sourced from fastlane audio Eliptrac 400 with Fc@ 350 and being crossed @ 450hz. 
Midrange driver is the famous B&C DCM50, Paper Diaphragm material and incredible 400hz usable range. 

The Tweeter is fastlaneaudio Contrac (Conical Tratrix Horn) paired with B&C DE-10 Mylar diaphragm crossed and 5800hz will outside of the range of the human voice. 

Crossovers are ALK CSW-450 which is a custom licensed crossover, combining the AP12-450 and the cornscalawal high frequency section. This is a significant improvement over a stock cornscalawal as it proved a 12db 2nd order crossover on the bass thus providing tighter and faster bass response. 

All internal wiring is silver plated teflon. This is master piece of a project and far more than the sum of its parts.

Cabinet: 34"H x 24" W x 16" D
Weight: 145lbs/per cabinet
Frequency Response: 34Hz - 20Khz -3db, 98db
 Sensitivity
Willing to ship via road freight. Extensive experience transporting via road freight, reasonable pricing.
Justin 323-868-9722

thumbnail_IMG_1265.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0883.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1268.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1266.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1268.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1267.jpg

• Like 9

Super kind words... thank you. I will say. I started out on this forum knowing next to very little. This forum st large, Dave Harris and ALK were instrumental... That and my wife being incredibly tolerant :-). She has come to accept that speakers are made, used and sold... Its a lot of the fun in it for me. 

Building 3-4 pair a year you get to try some stuff and learn a thing or two. 

• Like 1