RSW 15 revived

digger1978

My RSW 15 died after approximately 20 years of service.  The red light would come on but no boom from the box.  After some research on here I saw many people used Edwards Electronics to get it fixed.  I gave it a try and sent in my order to receive my order number to send in with the components.  I have never take apart a subwoofer but it wasn't hard.  I just took photos of all the wires and where they went.  Around 3 1/2 weeks later I received a box on my door step.  I plugged it all back in and screwed everything back down.  Nothing.  After another minute of playing with the preamp the boom was back!  I swear it is better than before but maybe I just missed having no subwoofer for over a month.  

I wouldn't hesitate to send anything back to Edwards Electronics.  The communication was great and I am very happy with the results.  I hope to get another 20 years of service out of my RSW 15.  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, digger1978 said:

My RSW 15 died after approximately 20 years of service.  The red light would come on but no boom from the box.  After some research on here I saw many people used Edwards Electronics to get it fixed.  I gave it a try and sent in my order to receive my order number to send in with the components.  I have never take apart a subwoofer but it wasn't hard.  I just took photos of all the wires and where they went.  Around 3 1/2 weeks later I received a box on my door step.  I plugged it all back in and screwed everything back down.  Nothing.  After another minute of playing with the preamp the boom was back!  I swear it is better than before but maybe I just missed having no subwoofer for over a month.  

I wouldn't hesitate to send anything back to Edwards Electronics.  The communication was great and I am very happy with the results.  I hope to get another 20 years of service out of my RSW 15.  

Great to hear that.  I will be sending my RSW-10d's amp to them in the near future.

Bill

• 1 month later...
On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 3:49 PM, digger1978 said:

My RSW 15 died after approximately 20 years of service. 

One of my biggest fears in life....

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 4:00 PM, willland said:

Great to hear that.  I will be sending my RSW-10d's amp to them in the near future.

I agree and hope I don't need to send mine in until 15 years after yours dies.

53 minutes ago, NiceSystem said:

Flat rate, $130.00 plus shipping was only $42.00 

turn around, got it in 2 weeks........ My delay auto on was not working. They did a full scan of my amp, and fixed a cap that was running lower then it was 

Wow. I had to send mine back to Klipsch and didn't get it back for over 2 months...Right now our RSW-15 & 12 are workin' like champs!