First 7.2.4 Klipsch Theater Room Help!

Ali Syed

Hello All 

New to the group but have been going through all discussions you guys are having about different setups. After listing to different brand speakers and setups, I love Klipsch sound and thats based on only able to listen to RP-8000F. However, i want to go all out one time and have the best theater Experience of my life. I want a 7.2.4 setup and decided to go with RF-7III's based on youthman and other's video reviews. 

Front R & L Speakers: RF-7III

Center: RC-64III

4 Atom's In ceiling: CDT-5800-C II

Surround: R-5800-W II 

Rear Surround: R-5800-W II

Receiver: Denon AVRX 6500H Or Marantz SR8012

Room Size: Width 19.58, Length 25.16, Height 7.25 (Appox 5700 Cubic feet)

Sitting position: 13 feet away from Screen & 12 feet behind

Subwoofer: SVS or Klipsch

Wife is fine with me spending the money but only condition for Surround or Rear surround to be in wall. I installed Epson 5040ub with Elite Aeon screen last week and we are loving the picture quality. 

I am a newbie at this as I am moving up from Bose 5.1.  Need your expert opinion on the best Receiver and Dual Sub's, which will bring all this together in a way that I end up shedding a tear watching my first movie plus I want the bragging rights in my friend circle as they are all laughing at me for going this crazy. Our viewing is 75% movies, 20% TV watching and 5% listing to music. 

I want to thank you all in advance for helping me out with finalizing my Theater as i want to pull the trigger before i change my mind.....lol

Ali  

@Ali Syed,

Welcome to the forum.

Nice speakers, big room.

2 hours ago, Ali Syed said:

Need your expert opinion on the best Receiver and Dual Sub's

With such a large room and the distance from your screen, personally I would go with the "cheaper" Denon 6500 and an outboard 3-channel amplifier to drive your front soundstage(L-C-R).

As far as subs, go for a a pair of the biggest/baddest you can afford.

Where are you located?

Bill

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 3:28 PM, Mallette said:

Understatement if I ever heard one here.

Dave

Haha....when you are spending around 10-12K just on sound,  you start doubting yourself. Specially when you want all of these pieces to come together and sound perfect to your ears.  Long time ago when I was young, I used to hook up amps and subs in cars and I knew before hand how it will come out :).  but never spend this money on a home theater system.

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 3:42 PM, babadono said:

Sounds excellent to me but I'm biased. Whatever Klipsch you go with talk to Cory known as Metropolislakeoutfitters here on the forum. He is an authorized dealer and likes to make people and their wallets happy.

I called up Cory on last Friday by your recommendation and he is really a nice guy and his prices are the best. Thank you!

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:28 PM, bop29291 said:

Welcome, can't wait to see it. Pics or it never happened.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Projector and screen is up. Old carpet is going and I am installing new floor this weekend. Going to call Cory up and place the order in the next couple of days. Thanks to you I figured out how to create links for photos and two of them are below :). Its happening Bud!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6a8thXA3QAag7TLk6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WxmDmCJrWmtgrsseA

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:30 PM, willland said:

@Ali Syed,

Welcome to the forum.

Nice speakers, big room.

With such a large room and the distance from your screen, personally I would go with the "cheaper" Denon 6500 and an outboard 3-channel amplifier to drive your front soundstage(L-C-R).

As far as subs, go for a a pair of the biggest/baddest you can afford.

Where are you located?

Bill

Thank you bill for the welcome. I am really excited and cant wait to have my dream room ready. I am located in Fairfax, VA. Cory prices are really good so I am thinking about getting Marantz SR8012 over Denon due to the better build, better amp and more outputs. plus will add a 3-channel amplifier to drive my L-C-R  R 7's later. Do you have any recommendation for  a  good 3-channel amp?

as for the SUB, I know I cant afford PB16 Ultra's but going to pull the trigger on dual PB16 Ultra's as you live once....lol (mid life crises) I always felt my system had less bass all my life so going to change that this time :). What do you think, will these sub be enough for my 5700 Cubic feet room?

Ali,

The PB16 is one heck of a sub... but for duals' pricing, I'd be looking at JTR (Cap 2400) and Rythmik (FV15HP) for deeper base; PSA (V3611) for more mid-bass slam. Depends what your expectations are and if you have any limitations on size/placement.

Regardless of which path you take, it'll be a pretty amazing room.

Best of luck

46 minutes ago, Ali Syed said:

I know I cant afford PB16 Ultra's but going to pull the trigger on dual PB16 Ultra's as you live once....lol (mid life crises) I always felt my system had less bass all my life so going to change that this time :). What do you think, will these sub be enough for my 5700 Cubic feet room?

Yes, plenty for your room.  You could also go dual PB13 Ultras or the newest model equivalent.

48 minutes ago, Ali Syed said:

Do you have any recommendation for  a  good 3-channel amp?

Some fine choices would be an Anthem MCA-30, new or used, B&K Reference 200.3 used, Acurus A200x3 used, Emotiva XPA-3 to name a few.

Bill 

• 2 weeks later...

Cory is the man!!!!!!!! Just placed the order today for my HT and now the waiting game 😎 Thank you all for your great advice and I ordered the following. Will share the pictures and my experience once all is Setup 😁

1. RF-7III Pair
2. RC-64III Center
3. RP-502s Surround (2 pair)
4. CDT-5800(2 Pair)
5. Marantz SR8012
6. Surgex SR-315
7. Dual PB-16 Ultra's

Ali

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...