Klipsch KSW12 speaker output not working.

Dereker

Hi, i got a KSW12 sub, after a long time sitting on a garage i decided to plug it in, the green light up front turned on, but no sound from the speakers plugged in the output section in the back of the sub, now, the subwoofer was working just fine its loud and clear, i checked the fuse and is ok, i opened it but theres no burn smell or anything not normal, anybody has a clue of what could it be? Is it too expensive to fix it? Is it worth to fix or just throw it to the trash as is and get a new one? 

Thanks.

So you have the high level inputs on the sub connected to an amp or receiver and then a pair of speakers connected to the high level outputs of the subwoofer?  And you're not getting any sound from the speakers you have hooked up to the sub?

Are you getting any sound from the sub at all?

15 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

So you have the high level inputs on the sub connected to an amp or receiver and then a pair of speakers connected to the high level outputs of the subwoofer?  And you're not getting any sound from the speakers you have hooked up to the sub?

Are you getting any sound from the sub at all?

I dont have anything connected in the "input" section, this was my grandpa sub, so it could be that i dont know how to hook it properly.

Yes, the subwoofer is working, it is loud and the 2 knobs it has (level and lowpass hz) are working just fine, but no sound from the speakers connected in the outputs of the sub.

It doesn't work that way.  You have to run regular speaker wire from your amp or receiver to the high level inputs on the sub if you have your other speakers connected to the high level outputs of it.  If you do that, disconnect the red and white RCA cables going to the sub.

Or, connect your main speakers to the high level outputs on your receiver or amp and leave the red and white connectors where you have them on your sub.

The sub won't amplify the signal it receives through RCA cables (the way you have it connected now).  It only amplifies the signal going to the woofer within the sub.

I'd also suggest turning the gain down to about 5.  It may help the sub blend better with your other speakers.

Thanks for the photo. Wuzzer has provided the correct answer, but let me rephrase it.

You've got your speakers connected to the "Speaker Out" connections on the sub, but NOTHING connected to the "Speaker In" connections. You need to run speaker cables from your amp/receiver to the "Speaker In" connections on the sub, and leave the "Speaker Out" connections in place. Then remove the red and white plugs from the "Line In" connections on the sub.

Or, remove the wires from the "Speaker Out" connections on the sub and connect them to the speaker connections on your receiver. Leave the "Line In" connections in place.

Let us know how that works for you.

Thankyou guys for the help, i did as stated, and the speakers worked even when the sub was unplugged, im kinda disappointed tho, i had a subwoofer before but that one was working the way i had this one hooked, never thought it had to be connected on certain way to work, i might get an amplifier or something to have this sub on my garage, now the question will be, get a 2 channel one to hook to the sub, or a 2.1 to have the sub working separately.

Big thanks.

• 1 year later...