Soft start, delay to avoid pop

jeffshead

I have the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX set for my home entertainment center. When I cut the TV on, I get a very loud speaker pop which I know is hard on the speakers. I'm guessing at this price point, the amp circuitry of the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX does not contain any sort of delay.

Has anyone on here added a soft start board such as this: https://diyaudiostore.com/products/soft-start-speaker-turn-on-delay-and-dc-protector-boards

If so, can someone tell me how to wire it? Or are there any other solutions? Currently, the amp stays on all the time.

I have had similar issues with my overall HT/Two channel system. I have found by trial and error that occasionally turning off and unplugging, then re-plugging in my sub takes care of it. Last week it wasn't  working anymore so I unplugged and re-plugged the surge protector that the TV, cable box, AVR and Cd player runs through and that solved it - for now. Perhaps static charge builds up in the winter. Not very scientific but it has worked for me.

Amplifiers ON last, OFF first is a rule of thumb. I do not have any experience with the board you mention but I have looked at it because I have 4 old Crown Pro amps that have no turn on/off delay or protection and I also need something. I'm working on my own design because I need time delayed on and instant off. Turn off is when I get a pop. I am not clear if DIYaudio's design is instant off.

14 hours ago, babadono said:

Amplifiers ON last, OFF first is a rule of thumb. I do not have any experience with the board you mention but I have looked at it because I have 4 old Crown Pro amps that have no turn on/off delay or protection and I also need something. I'm working on my own design because I need time delayed on and instant off. Turn off is when I get a pop. I am not clear if DIYaudio's design is instant off.

I will try altering my order. I had been turning amp on first. I do turn amp off first when shutting down though