CF3's versus Forte? Upgrade or downgrade?

Emile

1 hour ago, Emile said:

They were listed as walnut ... after 2 days I figured out that they actually were oak :( 

If you find another set with a finish you like, I could use the oak to set up an all CF3 surround...  *<;o)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Oicu812 said:

If you find another set with a finish you like

There is a seller in Englewood who has a walnut set for sale at $400. Tried to email him several times but horrible/useless responses. If they are V1/2, maybe "WE" should get it ... each a spare set of woofers and a horn ... maybe I can use the walnut boxes and you can have my oak ones :D  Just thinking out loud :) 

Link https://sarasota.craigslist.org/ele/d/klipsch-cf-3/6868474814.html 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Emile said:

There is a seller in Englewood who has a walnut set for sale at $400. Tried to email him several times but horrible/useless responses. If they are V1/2, maybe "WE" should get it ... each a spare set of woofers and a horn ... maybe I can use the walnut boxes and you can have my oak ones :D  Just thinking out loud :) 

Link https://sarasota.craigslist.org/ele/d/klipsch-cf-3/6868474814.html 

Ah, I see.  L - C - R setup for both of us.  Interesting.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Oicu812 said:

I see.  L - C - R setup for both of us.

No; was thinking buy them; and you take my oak ones.  (Forget about the "spare" woofers/horns I mentioned.) But ... looking closer at the pics ... think they look like sh*t :(  

2 hours ago, Emile said:

No; was thinking buy them; and you take my oak ones.  (Forget about the "spare" woofers/horns I mentioned.) But ... looking closer at the pics ... think they look like sh*t :(  

They don't look THAT bad.  They just need some luvin'.  Some touch ups...

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Emile said:

@Oicu812 ... just for you :D 

IMG_2224.JPG

Thank you very much!  My new speakers look fantastic, thanks for giving me a preview!

I like oak.  But like everything, it goes in and out of favor.  In the 80's, you got premium prices for oak antiques, and you couldn't give mahogany away.

• Haha 1

@Emile

I have a suggestion for you.  Cue up "Finish What Ya Started - Van Halen" and give it a medium volume listen on the Epics.  Nice clean recording, and no real or added distortion.  Let me know how they sound.  *<;o)

mine.gif

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Oicu812 said:

I have a suggestion for you.  Cue up "Finish What Ya Started - Van Halen" and give it a medium volume listen on the Epics.

Thanks ... tried it and it sounded pretty good.  But ... just amazed by the poor quality of many of these downloads :(  Just compared an original Cd to a youtube download ... HORRIBLE :( 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Emile said:

Thanks ... tried it and it sounded pretty good.  But ... just amazed by the poor quality of many of these downloads :(  Just compared an original Cd to a youtube download ... HORRIBLE :( 

Yeah, you need either a CD, or a full lossless rip from one.

• Like 1