RF-7 or RF-7 II which is better for HT

dademorrison79

6 minutes ago, dademorrison79 said:

RF-7 II and Rc7 ? 🤩

Ha.....unless there is a reason no need to mix , use 7 with 7s or 64 w/7II. Either setup would be great and leave little room for complaint. I know I lived with the whole 7 set many years and it always satisfied. I now use a rc7 with klf 30's with titanium mod. I tried the c7  "matches klf" and it was fine, but I am much happier with the rc7.

9 hours ago, dademorrison79 said:

RF-7 II and Rc7 ? 🤩

Are you able to look and/or audition these speakers? Fwiw, the original RF-7s were discontinued over 12 years ago and the RF-7II last year. Do you know what condition any of the speakers are in? Fwiw, if both were brand new I would still probably pick the originals, but in the USED market I would think there would be some differences in these two speakers depending who owned them before...

11 hours ago, Fish said:

.....unless there is a reason no need to mix , use 7 with 7s or 64 w/7II.

I'm not sure what speakers are available in Italy but given what @dademorrison79 said about the KLF series being available  the original RC-64 was designed to go with the RF-83s that came between the RF-7s/RF-7IIs and was a considerably warmer speaker. It does make a difference to have the RC-64II to mate with the RF-7IIs and I wouldn't use the RC-64 with any RF-7 series speaker unless RC-7/RC-64II wasn't available. 

11 hours ago, dademorrison79 said:

RF-7 II and Rc7 ? 🤩

Btw, easy answer is if you are willing to take opinions off the internet and are leaning towards this decision it may be the best one but condition of the speakers would still be a concern. {Note: I won't be selling my speakers in my sig much below what I paid for them and in fact the RB-75s would require a premium/profit. ;)} 

3 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

original RC-64 was designed to go with the RF-83s that came between the RF-7s/RF-7IIs

Right, I meant 64II w 7II, just lazy. I used the 64 w/83s, it worked fine with them. I tried the rc7 with 83's, that was the reason I sold the 83s.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dademorrison79 said:

I found klipsch rc7, the only problem is to restore the part behind that ruined ... does anyone have advice on how to restore the cabinet?

There are any changes to be made that improve the sound?

Can you post some pictures of what you have and the damage that needs repair?

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 4:26 AM, dademorrison79 said:

I found klipsch rc7, the only problem is to restore the part behind that ruined ... does anyone have advice on how to restore the cabinet?

There are any changes to be made that improve the sound?

It sounds like you are talking about the bracket that the LF driver screws into--If that's the case I also would be interested in the fix. Fwiw, we have a second RC-7 that has the problem, but it still sounds good between two RB-75s and didn't notice any negative consequences...

On 2/9/2019 at 11:56 AM, jjptkd said:

+1 on the original RF-7 / RC-7 combo great set some say the RF-7 II is smoother but I disagree and the RF-7 II has a nasty "peak" that will damn near run you out of the room I couldn't stand it when I had mine. 

It’s funny. Everyone liked the RF-82 IIs more then the Best Buy Synergy series but when I got them, the high end drove me crazy. When I upgraded to the RF-7 IIs the top end was a lot better and didn’t bother me. It really is personal preference. If you can listen to both, that would be best. 

I have the RF-7 IIs and like them a lot. Big sound and great look. 

3A79C414-2378-4B4B-8A10-7E66AEEE3089.jpeg

8 hours ago, Boilermaker86 said:

If you can listen to both, that would be best. 

I have the RF-7 IIs and like them a lot. Big sound and great look. 

They look great, I enjoyed mine when I had them but when I would sit down and listen for maybe 2-3 hours at a time I could count on hearing that nasty "peak" at least once or twice in that time. It may have been the recordings or crappy downloads I was listening to but no other speaker I've had has done the same thing, kind of weird and hard to explain but something seemed off.

Anyway, I'm glad you're happy with yours, that's all that really matters and like you said its best to listen to both and make your own decision preferably in your own room with your equipment and music selection as that can make a huge difference in itself. 

• Like 1

The cosmetic damage would be up to you but what I was talking about in my post is that driver in your first and last picture in solid? There appears to be damage where the screws are, but it also may be where they were fixed. Fwiw, a common damage to the RC-7 is when it's dropped at an angle and the wood structure on the other side of that screw fails...Not sayin' it is but definitely check it out. Good luck.

19 minutes ago, dademorrison79 said:

What could be its value in this conditions?

Do you have the grill cover? Looks like most if not all of the damage can't really be seen from the front view assuming you have the grill cover woofer looks ok if its working and with the grill cover if it were mine I'd probably ask for $300 on a local sale for it, not sure I'd get that but that would be a good starting point. If I were to buy it on the other hand I'd probably try and get it for around the $200 mark hope that helps.