Prayers for west Michigan

Audio Flynn

Consumers Power outages

I am prepped but off electric since Wednesday morning 3:00 AM , like the album title.

Not much news coverage.

In the last two weeks we went from super cold to snow to thaw to flooding to two ice storms to 45 mph winds today.

We will not have electric until Monday night.

Cast iron wood stove in the living room is exceptional. WION Ionia Michigan has a great diverse set list by battery powered tiny boom box.

Keep the less fortunate of the tens of thousands in your prayers.

Regards to PWK nation;

Rick

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Holy cow, I just Googled it - over 2400 lines down in your area.  You need prayers and a lot of hard working lineman crews.

Try to stay warm - in the dark.  Hopefully, your boom box batteries will hold out until Monday night. We're thinking of you.

• Like 1

• Moderators

WOW that is bad news, I never heard/read anything on the news. With this weather that is really dangerous.

16 minutes ago, Audio Flynn said:

Cast iron wood stove in the living room is exceptional.

Great news, it's the only heat we have here, but we do not get cold anything like you do, not life-threatening for the most part.

Good luck

I haven't heard about this either, nothing on the news. Usually when a catastrophe happens, your neighbors will come and help. Prayers and good vibes sent your way, especially to the people that probably aren't as prepared as you were. Threatening cold is no joke.

Ice is bad news. Back in 1995 we had an ice storm here. Some people nearby were without power for almost a month. We were lucky and had our power in six or seven days. It started out looking pretty and then the trees started breaking apart. Last one that fell on my house punched a hole through the roof. A wood stove is a great backup to have.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Power yet ?

I didn't want to say it before but was thinking now that this should be ending soon for everyone up there, will some local agency check homes that were out of power so see it everyone is ok if they haven't already. It's definitely a life threatening situation, I hope everyone found a way to stay warm.

20 minutes ago, dtel said:

Power yet ?

I didn't want to say it before but was thinking now that this should be ending soon for everyone up there, will some local agency check homes that were out of power so see it everyone is ok if they haven't already. It's definitely a life threatening situation, I hope everyone found a way to stay warm.

40 homes left! 

Electric monopoly is going to take some criticism. The easement that was affecting our lost power was completely overgrown with 80 foot trees. Should have been thinned out sometime in the past 30 years.

• Moderators

Glad to hear you can get back to normal and are alright. 

I would think a woodstove would almost be a necessity, ice storms, and just general power outages at those sustained temperatures can turn serious quickly if not prepared.