Happy Birthday to....

Coytee

15 hours ago, Shiva said:

It is quite amazing that you have had these speakers 40 and 50 years, they still look good, with original parts and are still being enjoyed.  Fantastic!  👍     

I think we've all read someone say they're going to buy (insert speaker) which is fairly inexpensive and "work their way up" buy buying a larger pair later and ostensibly, a larger pair later on...

I try to tell them their logic (in my opinion) is backward.  Just get the "right" one for you and don't worry about it.  I don't recall what I paid for my LaScalas (probably $1,200??)  but, let's just use a round number of $1,500.  Taken over 40 years, that's a whopping $30 per year.

Had I instead, bought some Heresy's.....  "moved up' to some Cornwalls....  then bought some LaScalas...  I can almost guarantee that I'd have more net dollars in the LaScalas than by buying them straightout.

(at least this is my opinion that I'm sticking with!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Coytee said:

I think we've all read someone say they're going to buy (insert speaker) which is fairly inexpensive and "work their way up" buy buying a larger pair later and ostensibly, a larger pair later on...

I try to tell them their logic (in my opinion) is backward.  Just get the "right" one for you and don't worry about it.  I don't recall what I paid for my LaScalas (probably $1,200??)  but, let's just use a round number of $1,500.  Taken over 40 years, that's a whopping $30 per year.

Had I instead, bought some Heresy's.....  "moved up' to some Cornwalls....  then bought some LaScalas...  I can almost guarantee that I'd have more net dollars in the LaScalas than by buying them straightout.

(at least this is my opinion that I'm sticking with!)

Were you trying to do math in your head again?

$1,500 / 40 = $37.50 per year. But still seems like a good deal.

I prefer to think that they cost $1500 less the $1000 approximate current value = $500! Divide that by 40 and it is $12.50 per year. Next divide that by what a cup of coffee at Starbucks costs and you will understand how I justify most of my speaker purchases.

Next divide that by what a cup of coffee at Starbucks costs and you will understand how I justify most of my speaker purchases.

Which is why I pretend to like triple frappe latte with Macedonian cacao nibs and extra virgin milk from Irish bred cows raised on golden barley imported from a single Peruvian family estate. Top that with just a touch of artisan elite hand whipped cream froth with baristas schooled in Luxembourg and flown in by special arrangement with the Pope.

At $42.85 (plus tip) for a venti per day, those Jubes are looking affordable.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, codewritinfool said:

Which is why I pretend to like triple frappe latte with Macedonian cacao nibs and extra virgin milk from Irish bred cows raised on golden barley imported from a single Peruvian family estate. Top that with just a touch of artisan elite hand whipped cream froth with baristas schooled in Luxembourg and flown in by special arrangement with the Pope.

At $42.85 (plus tip) for a venti per day, those Jubes are looking affordable.

Figures don't lie, but liar's can figure. We can justify almost anything.

My oldest speakers are 72 Belles. So they are 47 this year. Lived most of their life elsewhere, but I am sure they enjoy being with me and my music the best.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

Were you trying to do math in your head again?

$1,500 / 40 = $37.50 per year. But still seems like a good deal.

Well...  my HP-12C is in my car so....I used my smart phone!!!  HA, I knew there was a reason I didn't like my (work provided) smart phone over my (personal) flip phone!!

I knew if I even tried to do it i my head I'd screw it up and get called out....  so what happens??!!  :emotion-21:

• Like 1