How Much Do Your Neighbors Love Klipsch?

MEH Synergy

3 minutes ago, Emile said:

Haha ... when I turn "up" my Pro Klipsch speakers they come to the house and drink our wine :DĀ 

Mine call the cops.... Going to try to keep it reasonable tonight.Ā  Little grilling in the backyard.Ā  Ā Figured I would use this sub a few more times before Tony comes and picks it up.Ā  Ā As soon as this sub comes on, it's too much.Ā  396s sound fantastic without a sub outside (but I'll be using it tonight and see what I can getaway with šŸ˜œ) .Ā Ā 

• Haha 1

• Moderators

My neighbors have heard it but have no idea what brand, I guess. Except for one neighbor who is here enough to know, he knows about Pilgrimage also.

Ā 

Closest neighbor is about 900' away (a guess) and he said we listen to the same music because he can hear it sometimes. I doubt he can hear the inside speakers much but when the yard speakers are playing I know he can hear them even though I point them away from him.

Ā 

Never heard a complaint, but you can also walk outside and shoot a gun and no one wouldĀ think twice...............I love livingĀ in the country.Ā 

Love the 396'sĀ :emotion-21:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dtel said:

Neverļ»æ heard a complaint, but you can also walk outside and shoot a gun and no one wouldĀ think twice...............I love livingĀ in the country.Ā 

Lucky you. I would love to have an over the top system outside if I were in your shoes.Ā  Ā I think the 396s and an 1802 would be more then enough

• Like 1

• Moderators

We use 2 different sets of speakersĀ fo outsideĀ depending on how crazy is required.

396's alone can easily get you in troubleĀ 

Ā 

One is just a set of Heresy's in the garden tiki bar (permanently), it getsĀ used the most outside

Ā 

Two is for when we need to get serious, this can also be set out by the bar if needed or out in the yard. It's MWMĀ bottoms with DIYĀ split LaScala tops and can fill this 6 acres and more. It can run like in the pic or separated one top one bottom, either way sounds good.Ā 

Ā 

Old pic, people are probablyĀ tired of seeing it..........there portable

mwm. (2).jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

I always enjoy telling this story.Ā  So, the setup that used to be in the living room was an SVS 20-39 PC cylinder sub in the right front corner and an SW-10 behind the couch with my 5.5's up front, KV3 center, and Infinity RS-425's as surrounds with a Marantz SR-880 running the show.Ā  Was at the neighbor's across the street at their son's birthday party.Ā  The Dad and I got to talking about various things and somehow the subject of music came up.

Ā 

I mentioned that I'm a bit of a music fan and he said, "I know."Ā  I said, "What do you mean?"Ā  He told me, "When you're cranking it over there I can feel it in my basement."Ā  I almost cried.Ā  I was so proud.Ā  Considering he's across the street and his basement is 4' in the ground.Ā  My components have moved around since then.Ā  Now I have two sealed UMAX 15's in the main listening area but they're aimed at the back of the house.Ā  Trying to be a little more 'neighborly'.Ā 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, dtel said:

Closest neighbor is about 900' away (a guess) and he said we listen to the same music because he can hear it sometimes. I doubt he can hear the inside speakers much but when the yard speakers are playing I know he can hear them even though I point them away from him.

Yes the only way to live. My neighbors shoot guns all the time and I shoot and play music and we don't get huffy about what each of us is doing. I hope I never have to live in a city or town again and I pity those who do have to live there. I have respectful neighbors and not yard and sound police for neighbors.

• Like 4

It's only one neighbor that's a problem. I almost always throw parties on Friday or Saturday afternoon to evening so that I won't keep people up or interfere with the kids going to school. I have a "bored" neighbor across the street that looks for things to complain about.Ā  Ā The cops are usually cool and said they woudk love to come join the party and the music sounded fantastic.Ā  Ā They had a job to do though... I don't intentionally try to piss neighbors off, but the volume tends to go in the same direction as the amount of drinks consumed.Ā 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Westcoastdrums said:

It's only one neighbor that's a problem. I almost always throw parties on Friday or Saturday afternoon to evening so that I won't keep people up or interfere with the kids going to school. I have a "bored" neighbor across the street that looks for things to complain about.Ā  Ā The cops are usually cool and said they woudk love to come join the party and the music sounded fantastic.Ā  Ā They had a job to do though... I don't intentionally try to piss neighbors off, but the volume tends to go in the same direction as the amount of drinks consumed.Ā 

They collect the chronically offended out there for some reason. I think it has to do with all the fault lines. The Earth Mother as a living being when fractured affects all those sensitive people and they too become fractured and the closer you get to San Andreas the weirder they get. I notice Memphis and St Louis are the same way and they are over the New Madrid fault line. šŸ˜‰

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

It's only one neighbor that's a problem. I almost always throw parties on Friday or Saturday afternoon to evening so that I won't keep people up or interfere with the kids going to school.

A long time ago when we did live in a subdivision we wanted to have a big party in the house and backyard, we decided to also invite all the neighbors. We figured the parking was going to be a problem not even counting the noise. There was a really old couple a couple houses away but they had a daughter who came so they didĀ not complain.Ā 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, dtel said:

A long time ago when we did live in a subdivision we wanted to have a big party, we decided to also invite all the neighbors. We figured the parking was going to be a problem not even counting the noise. There was a really old couple a couple houses away but they had a daughter who came so they didĀ not complain.Ā 

Maybe thats the problem.... I never invite more than a couple neighbors.Ā  Ā The rest want nothing to do with that kid that listens to music too loudly

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Westcoastdrums said:

ONCE?Ā  You sure you love your klipsch more than they?Ā 

Ā 

Itā€™s happened more than once. Theyā€™re being nice byĀ only telling me about the one time. We get along well, talk regularlyĀ and I help them at times, so they tolerateĀ my Klipsch. Iā€™m considerentĀ not playing my main large Klipsch system late hours. No oneā€™s that tolerant.Ā I play my secondary smaller system late hours.

• Like 1

After serving in the army my sister and her husband said that I could store my stereo at their place, a modest 14 x 70 foot mobile home.
We never thought much about how far the music would travel.

I think it was a holloween party that finally brought the police over. I guess it was pretty late bc the cops had to shine flashlights though the windows of the trailer to get our attention.

On that Monday my sis had to pay her lot rent and was told that the park manager received 85 #$@!!! complaints about that
#!@#!!! stereo!

• Haha 1