GONE: Dahlquist DQM-9 pair w/stands, STL local only.

codewritinfool

Make offer. Dahlquist DQM-9 pair, with stands. Very very dusty. One of the stands may have a problem; I didn't look at it. No major cosmetic issues that I remember.
These are in my folks basement, but they never got wet.

Were 100% working in the 90's. Then they got foam rot like all of them did. Years ago I re-foamed the woofers, not sure how well I did since I never put the woofers back in.

These are in Pacific, but I am willing to transport them anywhere in west county.

This is your chance to have some DQM-9's with Magnat drivers and stands for very little money. I have no space for these at my house, and though it is a shame they got so dusty over the years, these could be great for someone's little project. Put the woofers (also dusty, but included) back in and you might have something nice.

I never drove them hard. Make an offer, I'm easy. I just need to get these out of that house. Now that mom has passed away we are looking to sell the house.

Also posted on AudioCircle GAS circle.

IMG_1511.png

• Like 1

You haven't exactly painted a pretty picture of these beauties.

I already have a boneyard full of dumpster worthy speakers that I don't have the heart to trash. 

Tell you what, I will trade you three pair of speakers for those. I will the other way when you throw mine away and you can look away when I pitch yours. We can even use my dumpster.

Or, we could do a bonfire. Seems like a better send off. (like you did for the top half of your La Scalas. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MookieStl said:

Or, we could do a bonfire. Seems like a better send off. (like you did for the top half of your La Scalas. 

I might have a couple of old Heathkit cabinets worthy of a bonfire. A pity; they served my sister well for a very long time.

I'm in St. Charles.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Update on the Dahlquist DQM-9's:

-caps were in fine condition along with fuses

-exterior was pretty rough.  I used a friend to help me apply a vinyl wrap that looks great and is durable.  removing the weird type of paint on these didn't sound too appealing. 

-fixed the speaker stands with new wood and rivets, painted speaker stands to match the speaker vinyl

-installed foam woofers and bought some hardware

See photos below, @codewritinfoolis an awesome dude and I'm glad i reached out to him on this set.  I'm gifting these to my brother who's in his early 20's and wants a nice set of monitors for his home.  I think these will go great for many years.  

IMG-0274.JPG

• Like 1