Rp280 Stereo pre/power Amp Recommendation?

KingOfTheNorth

Hi 

I have the klipsch rp280f. Going to use them in stereo. I like warm sound

Im thinking about getting Parasound 2125 or Rotel 1572 or emotiva xpa-2. They cost around the same in my country 

And buying a yamaha wxc-50 as a preamp/dac/streamer

Opinions?

Thank you :)

Edited by KingOfTheNorth
  • Like 1

Parasound ,fine stuff , imo. I suggest not buying any until you listen to Anthem, Rotel for music. Emotiva or NAD also worth an audition, I dont know whats available to you. If I had 3-4k to spend I could be 100% happy with what that can buy if you shop hard. I have streamers all over my property and one that;s great for music, it don't stream ,45 years old, Sansui. I plug in a chromecast audio and stream flac, tunein, youtube, spotify and the rest.

@Fish Nad, marantz, denon, onkyo, harman kardon, parasound, hegel, primare.. and more is available to me

@billybob Thanks, Yeah the yamaha is allright, but its boring. I need more power, more bass.

I think the speakers need/deserve better electronics to perform their best. 

Edited by KingOfTheNorth
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, KingOfTheNorth said:

Ive had a yamaha rx a1050 for a while. But im thinking about selling it and start over.

It would be great if you had a dealer/dealers that would allow in home demos. I used to get a few and bring them home and try em' a few days or week. The good places are gone or further away here ,now. I learned alot about different sound and what I liked though. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KingOfTheNorth said:

Its the same here. I have to travel far to find a place where they sell klipsch rp280. But yeah, i need to do some listening. How is Rotel? Is the sound warm? I hear they are a good match with klipsch...

They are a good match I hear from owners of. Let the forum know what is available to you, and they will recommend for your requirements...

2 hours ago, KingOfTheNorth said:

@glensNad is available.. Is nad a great match with klipsch 280f? If so, what do you recommend?

Maybe look for an NAD C388 with the BluOS and HDMI modules.  Plenty of power and bass drive to run you out of your room.

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/1117/NAD_C_388_Hybrid_Digital_DAC_Amplifier_Review.htm

Bill

Hi Pal ... welcome to the forum :D  

Never owned any 280's but from their specs they seem to be excellent.  OK; going to suggest a completely different approach.  Try looking at a Crown Pro amp ... they are pretty cheap and IMHO sound awesome. (FYI; have a set of "large" KPT-904 speakers ... used to have a Marantz 2252B - 52 W/ch - to drive them.  Switched to a Crown K1 - 350 W/ch.  AWESOME; unbelievable difference. Haha, liked it so much, just bought a Crown XLS an hour ago to try with Epic CF3 speakers :) )

So; I would say get a good preamp (Parasound is great).  Then feed the pre-outs into a pro-amp; into your 280's :D 

Salut, Emile