Rp280 Stereo pre/power Amp Recommendation?

KingOfTheNorth

19 hours ago, KingOfTheNorth said:

How is Rotel? Is the sound warm?

Yeah, maybe if I had to label them. If you can go talk to a dealer about an audition. Mine would let you try it for up to a week. He said they had very few returned, I found out why. They also would negotiate a little which was nice.I got pretty sick some years back and had to sell a bunch of my stuff. I sold the Rotel stuff for the price I paid and it was over a year old. If Anthem is available also give em'  a try. If you take the time now, you may not have to wonder what if ??? If you take the shortcut, you're just gonna keep wondering. I found more than just good music can exist in a good unit, that's designed for people that love music, not just a market.

• Like 1

Thats good advice @Fish

I found a used Anthem A2......

Ill do some listening... 

Maybe ill blind buy an emotiva from USA and import it to Norway. I read alot of positive reviews of Emotiva and  Klipsch. I dont know what kind of sound you get from Emotiva though. Anyone have any experience with that brand? Im thinking XPA2-Gen3 300W per channel or XPA-DR2 550w per channel :D

Right now its between Parasound nc 2250 and Emotiva xpa2-gen3. They cost around the same here in communistNorway. Im leaning towards the parasound.

Edited by KingOfTheNorth
  • Like 2

On 2/11/2019 at 6:13 AM, KingOfTheNorth said:

Tnx @Emile But they do not have Crown amps in my country... 😕

Sure they do, just not at the home hi fi shops.  Here you go:

https://www.crownaudio.com/en/distributors/search?utf8=✓&country=Norway&commit=submit

For home use, the xls 1502 is the one you probably want.  It's on par with any consumer amp in performance, and trounces them in value.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, KingOfTheNorth said:

now I have to do some more research.

I have never heard about crown amps before you guys recommended it.

Hi Pal,

Haha ... guess @Ski Bum found them for you :D  No clue about availability of used amps in Norway, but you may want to check out musician/guitar/etc stores.  In the US these places have hundreds of Crown (and other) pro-amps.

One more FYI ... I have an older (20 yrs ?) Crown K1 - excellent for hi-fi - and NO fans.  Just got a XLS402 (about 5 yrs old) WITH a fan ... sounds nice but you can hear the fan when the music stops :(  I may try one of the newer (smaller/lighter) XLS models ... think the fan rarely kicks on (during "home" use).

Skol, Emile

• Like 1

On 2/11/2019 at 12:39 AM, willland said:

Maybe look for an NAD C388 with the BluOS and HDMI modules.  Plenty of power and bass drive to run you out of your room.

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/1117/NAD_C_388_Hybrid_Digital_DAC_Amplifier_Review.htm

Bill

@willland I probably will go for the Nad c388, it has everything i need in one box. My local dealer advices  me to go with the c368+c268 and bridge them to 300w/c. That probably sounds awesome, but its twice the cost. I think the 388 is plenty. Thoughts? 🙂

Edited by KingOfTheNorth