Sub Driver for Pro Media 2.1

Mighty Favog

25 minutes ago, carlthess40 said:

That’s who I was trying to think of lol

Parts express has the kits and will do the work as well. I’ve had them do a few of my old Klipsch { EV } drivers and they did a great job. No glow all over the frame or cone. I was very happy with the work the tech did

I've had simplyspeakers fix drivers for me and I've bought the kits and done them myself.  Highly recommended.  Once I had an Infinity passive sub that went south.  I gave them the dimensions off of the driver and they sent me a kit that fit perfectly.  If you don't see your particular driver listed, just call.  They're very helpful.

Thanx all!

PE priced a refoam at about $35. But Rob, there, found a new Dayton driver that'll take 100w and go down to 30Hz for a little over $21. I measured the old driver at 7-ohm while the Dayton came in at 8. Good thing PE is about 15-20 minutes away. ;)

After the install I noticed not as much bass coming out but there a few differences since it was last played. Not only the impedance difference but the old room was mostly hard wood floors and the new room has a thick shag carpet and double padding under it. AND it's not in it's final installed location (under my desk).

Still holding on to the old driver just in case....  

• 2 months later...
On 2/11/2019 at 5:22 PM, Mighty Favog said:

Thanx all!

PE priced a refoam at about $35. But Rob, there, found a new Dayton driver that'll take 100w and go down to 30Hz for a little over $21. I measured the old driver at 7-ohm while the Dayton came in at 8. Good thing PE is about 15-20 minutes away. ;)

After the install I noticed not as much bass coming out but there a few differences since it was last played. Not only the impedance difference but the old room was mostly hard wood floors and the new room has a thick shag carpet and double padding under it. AND it's not in it's final installed location (under my desk).

Still holding on to the old driver just in case....  

Is it possible to just purchase a new OEM sub driver from Klipsch and replace the original driver with the new one? I can get a refoam kit later, but I think I'd like to just replace the old driver with a new OEM driver instead of refoaming.