New to me Khorns

JRS94

Doubtful.  JRH can probably give you the details, but the hand written  labels are no longer used and are not likely available.  OTOH, I think a forum member was recreating labels once upon a time.  Maybe you can find him in a search. 

Thanks I appreciate the help. Top hats are new Crites parts with type A crossover. Woofer is original. Hooked up to my Rotel preAmp they sounded terrible. No bottom at all. Switched to an older Luxman  preamp and they sound great. Was a bit nervous at first, much better now. Any ideas why? Thanks again. Love these forums.

The original Forte’ which I currently own have been hoisted up off the floor and placed on 6” thick maple blocks

with heavy brass footers. The question now is will the Forte’s open up more with a tube amp, or wil my current

NAD 787 receiver give these speakers enough juice to do the same job.. The new placement has improved bass 

response, as before the placement, the bass just seemed kind of wooly, lost in the floor rug.. Big improvement and 

highly recommended. Just wish the midrange was a little more fleshed out. Any suggestions appreciated.

MI6

1 hour ago, MI6 said:

The original Forte’ which I currently own have been hoisted up off the floor and placed on 6” thick maple blocks

with heavy brass footers. The question now is will the Forte’s open up more with a tube amp, or wil my current

NAD 787 receiver give these speakers enough juice to do the same job.. The new placement has improved bass 

response, as before the placement, the bass just seemed kind of wooly, lost in the floor rug.. Big improvement and 

highly recommended. Just wish the midrange was a little more fleshed out. Any suggestions appreciated.

MI6

Raise your Forte up so that the centre of the mid horn is at your seated ear level (usually around 41" up off the floor depending on you height and seating). PWK said it best when he said that "we live in the midrange" but don't forget that god lives in the details.