Khorns on casters

JRS94

Welcome to the forum...  Don't know much about casters on speakers but I'm having a visual of them shooting away from the wall directly at me.  Warp 3 wouldn't be good!  Aside from that if they sound good to you leave them alone...   Just block the front of the wheels...  lololol  

• Like 1

A simple experiment might be to get some thick closed-cell foam rubber (perhaps pipe insulation or even a pool noodle) fill in the gap front and sides. If that does the trick, then figure out a way to cover it in cloth or something to hide the casters and make it look clean and professional. It would be relatively removable

• Like 1

They are on my second floor (wood) so there is a definite possibility that sitting flush could make a difference. I will give it a try when I get a chance. Going to at least put some felt or sliders, or a piece of rug under them to protect the floor. Did the factory have anything on the bottom or just bare wood? Sorry for the simple questions. Thanks 

I have been toying with the idea of getting KHorns but they would need to be able to be moved extremely easy and put back as well. It seems like this is a good idea. Fwiw, right now we have the RF-7s listed below in our small Library HT raised 2 inches because of an obstacle on one  of them. It sound great although we have a couple of subwoofers to take up the lower end. Again, thanks for the idea others contribution on how they think it would work out. 

36 minutes ago, codewritinfool said:

My Klipschorns have metal feet. Almost flush.
They look kind of like quarters if I remember right.

Thanks , will try some type of furniture slider thingy, makes sense to transmit the vibration to the floor. Also gets me closer to my walls by lowering the overall height. I'm on 4ft Knee walls, so not optimal corners, but they are working well even as is. 

Next step is a replacement preamp. My Rotel RC-970BX through the Legacy Powerbloc 600 was terrible. Changed to a borrowed Luxman TP 114 and all is well. Any ideas besides the Rotel has very minimal tone control?   Any equipment I should avoid with the khorns? I am playing in the used market right now. Anything particulary recommended? 

5 minutes ago, JRS94 said:

Thanks , will try some type of furniture slider thingy, makes sense to transmit the vibration to the floor. Also gets me closer to my walls by lowering the overall height. I'm on 4ft Knee walls, so not optimal corners, but they are working well even as is. 

Next step is a replacement preamp. My Rotel RC-970BX through the Legacy Powerbloc 600 was terrible. Changed to a borrowed Luxman TP 114 and all is well. Any ideas besides the Rotel has very minimal tone control?   Any equipment I should avoid with the khorns? I am playing in the used market right now. Anything particulary recommended? 

I'm not going to recommend anything in particular, but I can tell you that the Klipschorns are very revealing and will let you know when you have crap connected to them. I would try for the highest quality component I could afford, but as you already found out, different components will sound different. There are a lot of Klipsch owners who swear by tube equipment (me being one of them), and just as many others who swear by solid state. It's going to be up to you ultimately to decide what sounds best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zen Traveler said:

I have been toying with the idea of getting KHorns but they would need to be able to be moved extremely easy and put back as well.

could you explain this a little more. why do you need to move them ?

i move my k-horns alot to swap out crossovers. my 1st floor set is on carpet and my basement set is on laminate. very easy to move.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Budman said:

could you explain this a little more. why do you need to move them ?

i move my k-horns alot to swap out crossovers. my 1st floor set is on carpet and my basement set is on laminate. very easy to move.

I have a large workout area where at times a lot of folks are moving around and when it gets a little too wild I'd like to wheel them into another room. I wonder if something in the Pro section would work better. I'd like to get something slightly bigger than Cornwalls. 

37 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

I wonder if something in the Pro section would work better. I'd like to get something slightly bigger than Cornwalls. 

About a year ago I got a pair of KPT-904's with the K-510 horns to replace my Cornwall's. Absolutely AMAZING :D These speakers are in a completely different league :)  Bass bins have dual PRO 15" woofers ... 500% better than the CW's.  The horns have  2 inch drivers ( B&C 75 ) ... NOTHING in the Klipsch residential speaker line comes even close :D 

Cheers, Emile

• Like 1