Klipsch Epic CF-4 series 1 for sale!

mcobbs6879

Just guessing ... serial number 22259 means build in early August 1995 ... which makes them Version 2 (or even 3's). One of the earlier pictures showed the short ports which confirms this. He will have to check the wiring to make sure they are "2's" (clear wiring).  Version 3 is the black sheep of the series.

Nice looking, but not worth the astronomical price that Madman thought he was looking for. $1500 seems fair IF they are v2's

FYI; I am no longer looking for CF4's ... bass is good on these but still doesn't compare with the bass from PRO woofers.  Therefore building a set.

Cheers, Emile

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mcobbs6879 said:

Im douglasville GA

20190205_110658.jpg

There is nothing Version 1 about those speakers.  Short port, black horn (instead of gray) and a serial number which indicates they were born on day 222 of 1995.

They are at least Version 2 and if the wiring is red/black then they are Version 3.

+++

@mcobbs6879 I suggest you go back to your post #1 and revise the thread title so readers are not misled.  I don't think you did that on purpose and it's an error which is easily correctable with a simple edit.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Emile said:

I am no longer looking for CF4's ... bass is good on these but still doesn't compare with the bass from PRO woofers. 

The bass on the dual 12's is anemic at best due to very little xmax.  The effect of the woofers moving very little is high efficiency and very low distortion.  These woofers are very articulate.

And you are right Emile, you can get much higher output bass by using pro woofers which typically handle a lot more power than home speakers.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, finallygotmyheresies said:

Would you share specifics of what you are building with us?

Haha ... yes; building, but have not exactly decided "what."  Bit easier in my case since I am only looking for the woofer section (bass-bin) as I will be using my K-510 hrorns with B&C DE75 drivers for 500Hz and up.  But ... can't even make up my mind between single or dual woofers; 12 or 15" :( 

Some scatterbrain thoughts in ... 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

The bass on the dual 12's is anemic at best due to very little xmax.  The effect of the woofers moving very little is high efficiency and very low distortion.  These woofers are very articulate.

Haha ... warning to prospective buyers above.  And @wvu80 has a pair of CF4's v1 ... and is extremely knowledgeable :D 

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 2:45 PM, Emile said:

Haha ... warning to prospective buyers above.  And @wvu80 has a pair of CF4's v1 ... and is extremely knowledgeable :D 

Nice looking, but not worth the astronomical price that Madman thought he was looking for. $1500 seems fair IF they are v2's

That was a direct quote from Emile.

My response to his post was

HaHa, I thought it was protocol not to chime in on prices but I guess you're special, you chime in on everything

HaHa HaHa

Mark

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ZEUS121996 said:

HaHa, I thought it was protocol not to chime in on prices but I guess you're special, you chime in on everything

HaHa HaHa

Mark

Hay Mark ,I'm knew to the forums did not know a lot about the speakers and asked for a little help! Very nice to know I'm considered a madman! I'm going to delete my account now so i don't have to be the Dummy for all to laugh at thanks Mark that really felt good to read that comment..... for all who tried to help me THANKS SO MUCH!!! 

I guess i will give them away to some one who will talk me out of them spearkers are in like NEW shape and sound amazing!

Yea this was a chime in!!!!!🤔

5 hours ago, mcobbs6879 said:

Hay Mark ,I'm knew to the forums did not know a lot about the speakers and asked for a little help! Very nice to know I'm considered a madman! I'm going to delete my account now so i don't have to be the Dummy for all to laugh at thanks Mark that really felt good to read that comment..... for all who tried to help me THANKS SO MUCH!!! 

I guess i will give them away to some one who will talk me out of them spearkers are in like NEW shape and sound amazing!

Hey mcobb,

This is Madman here. I’m sorry these guys jumped on you like they did. I’m the guy who suggested you come here because I thought these guys would be interested. They can be a bit rude. I’m also the one who told the group the price you were asking fort them, only because they were blasting questions about price and location and I thought I could help answer them. Guess I was out of line for saying anything about the price. I apologize to you for saying anything about price and now I apologize for suggesting you come here. SORRY!

Madman

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Madman1 said:

Hey mcobb,

This is Madman here. I’m sorry these guys jumped on you like they did. I’m the guy who suggested you come here because I thought these guys would be interested. They can be a bit rude. I’m also the one who told the group the price you were asking fort them, only because they were blasting questions about price and location and I thought I could help answer them. Guess I was out of line for saying anything about the price. I apologize to you for saying anything about price and now I apologize for suggesting you come here. SORRY!

Madman

That old 'one bad apple' thing applies here. Let it go, both of you. Lots of nice dudes here. And they know stuff.

Keith

14 hours ago, mcobbs6879 said:

Very nice to know I'm considered a madman!

8 hours ago, Madman1 said:

This is Madman here. I’m sorry these guys jumped on you like they did.

Sorry, but never called you a "madman" ... my "Madman" reference was to @Madman1 :D  And apologize for "jumping on you." :)  You'll find out we are pretty nice here ... haha, sometimes a bit too opinionated. :( 

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 11:12 PM, mcobbs6879 said:

"Nice looking, but not worth the astronomical price that Madman thought he was looking for. $1500 seems fair IF they are v2's"

I was copying a post upstream from Emile, not my thoughts at all. 

My thoughts to Emile were

HaHa HaHa

I used the HaHa since everything he says has a HaHa in his comments

I'm sorry if my words were misinterpreted, they were in no way directed at you. GLWS

Mark