Used RF-63 or new R-28F??

JDUB

I have the option to add either of these speakers to my current Yamaha RN-602

• Nice used pair of RF-63's for $500
  • New pair of R-28F's for $600

Just for the sake of a higher end speaker and build quality, I'm leaning towards the RF-63's.  Just have a hard time purchasing used audio gear.  They appear to have been kept up very well though.  Can't listen until Saturday.  I typically listen to 70's and 80's rock on my turntable and some occasional CD's of various genres.  Help....

00707_4xAq7w5lW8h_1200x900.jpg

Absolutely nothing wrong with used speakers.  There's very little in them that can go wrong unlike other electonics.  Theyre also simple to troubleshoot in the unlikely event that you do have a problem.  Buying used also gives you more performance per dollar.  The 63 is a nice speaker.

8 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with used speakers.  There's very little in them that can go wrong unlike other electonics.  Theyre also simple to troubleshoot in the unlikely event that you do have a problem.  Buying used also gives you more performance per dollar.  The 63 is a nice speaker.

Totally agree on all accounts.  I have owned my cherry RF-63s since May 2008 and am constantly being reminded why I still have them after almost 11 years.  They are just that good.

IMO, $500.00 is a steal. 

@JDUB, welcome to the forum.  

Bill