klipsch 1961 model H Heresy' (SOLD)

Craigstanly

15 hours ago, Craigstanly said:

left the klipsch factory on Feb 17 1961 serial # 212 and #213. notes in log books as new style.( no longer has grills on the side) first heresey's. still the exact way they left the factory with K77 horn k55 horn and kk22 woofer. grills in mint condition. cabinets in almost perfect condition I would call them a easy 9 out of 10. crossovers are stock.. these are extremely rare! please try to find any pictures. you tube post. notes. or anything else as you probably won't be able to find anything. 

The front grill cloth is stapled to the motorboard - however, can you remove the back panel for a further examination of the components in their historical perspective?

Earlier in the first post, there was a request for information - I found this exert from a @WMcD reply back in 2014....

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/150483-request-experienced-advice-1968-h700-heresy-speakers-on-ebay/

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, windashine said:

The front grill cloth is stapled to the motorboard - however, can you remove the back panel for a further examination of the components in their historical perspective?

Earlier in the first post, there was a request for information - I found this exert from a @WMcD reply back in 2014....

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/150483-request-experienced-advice-1968-h700-heresy-speakers-on-ebay/

3 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Second, non-memebers -- including new members seeking to sell Klipsch items -- often make the mistake of assuming that Klipsch afficianados are addicted to all things Klipsch, therefore more likely to value an item and over-pay.  The reality is that forum members have a better sense of the market and are less likely to over-pay.

OK I agree but what is the market for something that shows up so rarely there is no established price? I bought an old Heresy type speaker in Nashville some time ago. I open it up and there are old K-42 woofers in there with great big Klipsch logos and unlike any I have personally seen before. Soldered lug K-55-V drivers and old K-77's. I have no idea what to make of it and I can't find an exact Klipsch spec sheet for this. I spent $375.00 on it. I have not listed this for sale and may never do so but one thing is for sure. IF I ever do what I paid for it will have no bearing on what I sell it for because I don't have to share my time and effort locating these things. No one who wants to beat me down on prices is willing to subsidize the times I lose or the long trips so pay or go away is what I say when I am selling used speakers. I go through things pretty fast so my prices for what people get must be fair. How this guy acquired this speaker is not relevant nor is what he paid for it.  I give people deals at times for various reasons but that does not happen when negotiation starts off with "are you crazy" or "I can buy six of those for what you are asking".

So how many of these has anyone here seen before and what are the selling prices? 

• Like 2

What he paid was a valid price for that transaction only. I wish I could be lucky enough to buy something that rare for that price. I am puzzled by this response. So you gave advice on these and so did others isn't that something done here every day with no expectation of compensation? So if I give someone advice here on something they got cheap I am somehow entitled to get it at 1/3 the real value? Just because? What is the real value of these is a question no one has answered yet with established market prices achieved except for this one price he paid. What are they worth? He is going to find out.

I will pay you $570 for yours if they are in as nice a condition as his just let me know when I can get them.

2 hours ago, Dave A said:

OK I agree but what is the market for something that shows up so rarely there is no established price? I bought an old Heresy type speaker in Nashville some time ago. I open it up and there are old K-42 woofers in there with great big Klipsch logos and unlike any I have personally seen before. Soldered lug K-55-V drivers and old K-77's. I have no idea what to make of it and I can't find an exact Klipsch spec sheet for this. I spent $375.00 on it. I have not listed this for sale and may never do so but one thing is for sure. IF I ever do what I paid for it will have no bearing on what I sell it for because I don't have to share my time and effort locating these things. No one who wants to beat me down on prices is willing to subsidize the times I lose or the long trips so pay or go away is what I say when I am selling used speakers. I go through things pretty fast so my prices for what people get must be fair. How this guy acquired this speaker is not relevant nor is what he paid for it.  I give people deals at times for various reasons but that does not happen when negotiation starts off with "are you crazy" or "I can buy six of those for what you are asking".

So how many of these has anyone here seen before and what are the selling prices? 

I did my research. drove several hours to each way to risk buying these. I used my time, my money, asked knowledgeable people in vintage stereo community's all over Portland, called Bob crites, talked to him at length, he said your crossover boards are just plain RARE.. not one person said hey I know those speakers! everyone said never seen them, no posts online in all the dozens of forums about anything on these speakers. and found only one unit with horrible conditions to the cabinet and much later serial # sell for $1000. 

so yes I am asking what i feel is a FAIR market value for a pair of never seen before heresy with sequential serial #. i am willing to see if someone wants to trade me klipsch speakers gear etc.. i am thankful for all the help that i have gotten. i again would love to keep them and might do so. but i also think that someone might cherish this rare set more than me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Craigstanly said:

I did my research. drove several hours to each way to risk buying these. I used my time, my money, asked knowledgeable people in vintage stereo community's all over Portland, called Bob crites, talked to him at length, he said your crossover boards are just plain RARE.. not one person said hey I know those speakers! everyone said never seen them, no posts online in all the dozens of forums about anything on these speakers. and found only one unit with horrible conditions to the cabinet and much later serial # sell for $1000. 

so yes I am asking what i feel is a FAIR market value for a pair of never seen before heresy with sequential serial #. i am willing to see if someone wants to trade me klipsch speakers gear etc.. i am thankful for all the help that i have gotten. i again would love to keep them and might do so. but i also think that someone might cherish this rare set more than me.

They are rare and don't back off. The bargain hunters will be mad but I think someone will accept your valuation and buy. I would really take my time with these and not let anyone steamroll you into a quick sale. Great buy and you deserve the full reward for making it happen.

some history are these beautiful speakers.

these came from the factory as a one way speaker meaning they only had the 12b woofer. no tweeter - no midrange - no crossover. the cutouts for the tweeter and midrange were there and they were blocked off so you could remove the blocking plate and upgrade at a later date. i have one that came this way

• 3 years later...