SOLD: Bel Canto REF500M class D amplifier monoblocks...

Schu

A very nice pair of Bel Canto ref500m monoblock class D amplifiers. Great condition .

these amplifiers have extremely low harmonic distortion and extremely high damping factor.

1.5Hz to 70k HZ at all loads

Damping factor >1000

THD .003%

dynamic range 121db

400wt @ 4ohms... 250wt @ 8ohms 

I would keep these wonderful amplifiers, but there is something else I want to buy (Nelson pass) so these need to find a new home.

Original MSRP was $4000... asking $1500

Factory boxes and shipping will have to be $40 via FedEx with signature and full insurance... they ship in two separate boxes.
More pictures will be added this weekend.

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
32217339177_77d39ce702_k.jpg
47159150071_e462c9415a_k.jpg
47159150051_e729c0b463_k.jpg
32217338067_f29a08b998_k.jpg

• Like 1

That's how they have been described by a few reviewers. I find them much cleaner and much CLEARER in the presentation than a tube system.

I would go as far as to say crystal clear sounding... I've never heard a tube system sound like that.

I've never heard damping like these deliver. I was hoping to hold onto them for a bi-amp set up... but we'll see what the future holds.

Yes, a reasonable price.  I did have a hard time with my Murano Audio monos  (which I decided to keep) with the same B.O. modules for $1100 though these have the Bel Canto name which may help.

Even though, a killer set of amps at the asking price.  Run very cool compared to AB and are quite liquid.  My REF-1000s aren't going anyplace and these in in a similar class.

Tanks with great, very liquid sound.  What more could you want!!

On 2/14/2019 at 5:27 PM, Schu said:

That's how they have been described by a few reviewers. I find them much cleaner and much CLEARER in the presentation than a tube system.

I would go as far as to say crystal clear sounding... I've never heard a tube system sound like that.

I've never heard damping like these deliver. I was hoping to hold onto them for a bi-amp set up... but we'll see what the future holds.

Any experience with them driving a <2 ohm reactive load like the original Martin-Logan CLS?

On 2/14/2019 at 6:33 AM, Schu said:

A very nice pair of Bel Canto ref500m monoblock class D amplifiers. Great condition, non-smoking pet free home.

these amplifiers have extremely low harmonic distortion and extremely high damping factor.

1.5Hz to 70k HZ at all loads

Damping factor >1000

THD .003%

dynamic range 121db

400wt @ 4ohms... 250wt @ 8ohms 

I would keep these wonderful amplifiers, but there is something else I want to buy (Nelson pass) so these need to find a new home.

Original MSRP was $4000... asking $1500

Factory boxes and shipping will have to be $40 via FedEx with signature and full insurance... they ship in two separate boxes.
More pictures will be added this weekend.

10 hours ago, TubeHiFiNut said:

Any experience with them driving a <2 ohm reactive load like the original Martin-Logan CLS?

I don't, I am sorry. I can't imagine it would be much of an issue. It may be that for big db's you might need more than 250/500watts @ 8/4 ohms... but I don't have much experience with planars.