Heresy 3 observation(s) :Edit:

richieb

=== so a day and half with new H3’s where I can compare with H1 and as wild as it’s sounds - LaScala’s. I could tell right out of the box, a couple hours from a cold truck delivery that these are not your Fathers H1. With now probably 10-12 hours on them and listening with 25 watts of Class A solid state.

Two biggest differences start with the H3 being a far better balanced speaker. The difference is not subtle. Where the H1 sounds like the tweet, mid and woofer lack composure the H3 is cohesive, all pulling as one. /  The second is far deeper bass which again is superbly integrated with the mid horn. I used a small sealed sub with the H1 and have not and doubt that I will use it with the H3. Bass and for that matter the overall presentation is very LaSacala like. Piano is true, mid-bass is quick and tight. The H1 was not this refined. / I think many of us heard this in the Hope demo room where the H3, LS2 and CW3 all played from the same side of the room. The H3 played Way over it’s pay grade when compared to the big boys. And let’s not forget both the H3 and CW3 use the identical tweeter and midrange drivers and horns. / Sitting 13ft. apart center/center, 3ft. from the back wall there is no hole in the center, they image in a Jube like manner and nearly as good as LS. The H1 didn’t do this at the same level. (Let’s also state the H1 have been fully re-conditioned from the crossovers on out, they are proper H1) / Most listening is 80-90 dB, low to moderate levels in my large room. I don’t crank em often but did today and here is where they get directional and a bit shouty. They will pin your ears back. More than I could take but it’s of little consequence as that’s not my norm. I know it’s apples and watermelons but that where the huge 402 horn shows it’s chops with huge dispersion and little to no directivity. They get both louder and bigger, the H3 gets louder. / So yeah, it’s fun listening to a smaller speaker that is lively and with great tone. I like ‘em — 

::Edit:: 

A week with H3, Jubes back in place. I “lied” just a bit saying “ they image in a Jube like manner”. While the H3 do image very well, that hasn’t changed, and in a manner reminiscent of Jubes meaning the H3 is able to spread itself across the front plane, it is Not Able, in any way, to replicate the density, mid bass thump (of course bottom end) and the overall immersive sound of the Jube. In those terms, and of course it should be, it is 🍎 and 🍊 by comparison. Hope I didn’t give the impression H3 can do, did, replace/replicate Jubilee. The H3 are huge in value and damn, damn fine sounding but considering the entire H will fit in the 402 mouth - well, that should tell you something — . I’ve been brought back to earth again — 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

As per our PMs, I love the heresy IIIs myself.   Only sold the first set as the veneer wasn't in a condition to my liking and they weren't matched well.   Well I bought another pair from Cory at a price one shouldn't resist.... I'd take the heresy III or forte III any day.  Heresy IIIs plus a quality sub, properly integrated (can be difficult to accomplish) makes a hard argument to get Cornwall IIIs (although I was quite fodn of those as well). 

I got what I thought was a great deal on a set of sealed H3 WO B-stock for $900 and some change. I have owned and used a couple of sets of Promedia at work since 2005 but this was my first Heritage purchase.  Six weeks in - I still find myself looking around to see the source of some sounds I hear - to make sure no one is in the other room or I do not have an intrusive large rodent or someone knocking at the front door. I just have never been able to enjoy home audio at that level before. But the kids are grown and I have the time and the means to enjoy it. I already have a standing offer on the H3s and I will be upgrading to CWIII's later this year. But what I have heard out of the H3's, an R-SW120 and a R-52C center driven by a Marantz SR-7012 is just darned impressive. I don't have elite equipment. I don't project hues of red and blue mood lighting on it, or fuss and fret about it all day long, and have not built a shrine around it. I just use it and enjoy it. To each his own. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, YK Thom said:

I would very much like to hear a pair. I really don't care for the H 1s ( a friend has a pair). Your observations indicate they have taken care of all the issues I have/had with the older model. Glad you are enjoying them!

Where are you located? I'm sure someone can make that happen if a dealer isn't convenient. 

2 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Where are you located? I'm sure someone can make that happen if a dealer isn't convenient. 

I'm guessing he lives in Yellowknife, NWT (North West Territory??) 

Does that equate to out in the middle of nowhere in western Canada??

Probably not to many polar bears willing to invite him to their hibernation holes, but that's just a guess.

:ph34r:

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Coytee said:

I'm guessing he lives in Yellowknife, NWT (North West Territory??) 

Does that equate to out in the middle of nowhere in western Canada??

Probably not to many polar bears willing to invite him to their hibernation holes, but that's just a guess.

:ph34r:

Not so sure I'd want to go there at this time of the year.....but I'm sure it's damn beautiful.

2 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

I know which one I would bet on.

Ahhh Claude....cmon.....

I have both, however are not driven by the same amps or at the same vertical level, so it's not even fair to compare.  But when either are played along with the Khorns or LSII's, each add their own character. 

19 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Ahhh Claude....cmon.....

I have both, however are not driven by the same amps or at the same vertical level, so it's not even fair to compare.  But when either are played along with the Khorns or LSII's, each add their own character. 

Yes, and the characters that own them. Depends on what kind of sound you are looking for Bass Reflex vs. Sealed. But I'm sure the contest would be closer than a vanilla H1 recapped vs. a current fresh H3. Which was my point. Also the phrase that PWK borrowed from Packard Automobile Ads: "Ask the man who owns one." All of them are a cut above so many DR speakers on the market.