The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
Sam S.

TV Tube Help?

I'm clueless here, so hoping someone might be able to help or maybe provide some more info. My dad passed away last year, and in going thru his stuff, we found this box of mostly GE and RCA tubes, the Conar tester, and other assorted things. The tubes are in a red RCA service kit that has 2 sides that open. I think in the 70's - he used to do TV repair on the side, so I'm guessing this was his repair kit. Any idea if anything here has value, or more info? Thanks in advance.

conar tester.jpg

Tubes.jpg

tubes2.jpg

The tube tester is a nice little emissions type and should be worth a few dollars to someone looking for a basic tester (assuming that it’s working).  I see a few tubes which can be used for audio although it would be of the flea power variety.  The tv types do not generate much interest these days.  Feel free to PM if you want to discuss this in more detail.  

Maynard 

The 6dn7 tubes are used in the Bottlehead SEX 2 and 2.1 amps.

Edited by nikon f

The tube tester looks nice to me.  If reasonable, I will buy it "as is", if you can put it in a box and ship it to K.C., Missouri area.

IF you want to test it, do NOT plug it in, and turn it on to see if the lights come on !! 

Having set for a long time, it would really be best ( for the power supply capacitors ), to turn it on gently, using a Variac.   There possibly may be a Variac, with your Dad's other tools.

Jeff  

I wanted to thank Sam, he is selling me his deceased Dad's Conar tube tester, as is, and not turned on.

I'll open it up, look internally for spiders and spider webs, and get her going on a Variac.  I must have 200 to 300 6SN7GTBs to get rid of, and many other tubes.  I felt guilty borrowing my boss's TV -7 tester, and wearing it out !!  

Jeff 

Thanks, Jeff. Shipped to you today. Should arrive Wednesday. I PM'd you the tracking. Glad someone can use it.

--