Forte 1 diaphragms k53k

Jive talkin

Yes I have switched from stock Klipsch phenolic to Bob Crites phenolics and then to the Klipsch Titanium diaphragms available only from Simply Speakers. I also own the K52H Hepner phenolic diaphragms. To answer you directly I though that the Crites phenolic diaphragms sounded better than the stock Klipsch phenolic diaphragms. I consider them to be a worth while upgrade and would recommend them to anyone who likes the sound of phenolic diaphragms very smooth sounding.

A non damaged phenolic diaphragm at thirty years of age ought to sound just fine I would not consider the age an issue at all.

1 hour ago, Jive talkin said:

Thanks moray just trying to breath the most life I can back into these bad boys.

you are most welcome and it's good to have you as a new member at the forum as well. While your phenolic diaphragms (tweeter and mid) will sound just fine at thirty years of age your crossover capacitors will not. You should upgrade them at the least to new Daytons or similar if you have the funds find some film and foil caps, I believe Dayton have some for your mid and hi section and you will be more than pleased that you did.

Had bob upgrade my crossovers and got the aluminum tweeters with I believe DC10 upgrades from a member here both made great improvements. Going to lightly sand and re oil the cabinets as well.Going to use Tru oil it’s a gun stock oil that is very forgiving and gives tremendous results on old gun stocks. Thanks again will keep you updated on the results.

10 hours ago, Jive talkin said:

Thanks moray just trying to breath the most life I can back into these bad boys.

I've tried them all and honestly could not tell a difference between the phenolic of any making or age but I myself feel better about having new parts in place when available just makes sense to me to bring them back as close to new as possible and enjoy worry free for many years keep the old parts for back up or sell to get some money back either way.