RP 8000 endurable peak

I have a question about the digestibility of power peaks in loudspeakers, in this case my RP 8000. Since I mainly listen to music I usually move in the acceptable range. When listening to loud music, the volume meter of the power amplifier displays a maximum of  about 10 watts. If a movie is running it will be more in between. Recently, the volume was due to the discrepancy between language and "action effects", e.g. Helicopter, set very high. Woofers were moving very much. Quite an air surge came out of the bass reflex opening.  I have reproduced this scene again and deactivated the speakers on the amp. The volume meter went up to about 150 watts when fully opened . The power amp has 150 watts. The speakers are specified with continuous 150 watts, peak 600 watts. Does that mean that you could theoretically hear the whole movie at full volume, so would exploit these 150 watts output permanently without  speaker damage? I am a little bit worried that I could have damaged anything, maybe woofer, by such an accidental level peak, since I felt that the chopper noise was even a little distorted, even though this speaker seems quite robust.  Thank you for your effort.

Greetings

Depending on the source material, running your speakers and Amp at full volume would probably cause clipping in the Amp and thus probably damage your tweeters.

Not to mention that it would be unbearably loud and your neighbours would probably call the cops.

Klipsch speakers are very efficient and generally most people wouldn't use more than a few watts of power for normal listening. I had a few 100db/w speakers before and 

rarely used more than one Watt (indicated on the Amp VU meters). 5 watts was LOUD.

If your meter is saying 150 watts, I would venture to guess clipping peaks are much higher than that.   Many times this is the problem.  Called clipping.

When you hear distress and distortion, turn it down.

If there is bass under the cut off of the speakers (which many movies do), the woofers will "unload" and can move excessively causing damage.  Be careful with the bass volumes when trying to run movies that likely have a lot of sub bass.