Klipschorns with Fortes?

ThedukeMW

58 minutes ago, ThedukeMW said:

Is that a waste?

Haha ... why not? :D  I have KPT-904's up front and Cornwall's in the rear (on a separate amp). Don't use the rears often, but sounds incredible :)  If you do, remember to chance the phase on the rears to avoid "cancellation."

Haha; just buy another set for your office :D 

Cheers, Emile

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

A waste of what?  Are you going to play them at the same time as the Khorns, or separately?  Will you be able to level match them?  How big is the room?

I do plan to play at same time. 20x20 is room size. Not sure about “matching”. Just an A&B channel.

29 minutes ago, Emile said:

Haha ... why not? :D  I have KPT-904's up front and Cornwall's in the rear (on a separate amp). Don't use the rears often, but sounds incredible :)  If you do, remember to chance the phase on the rears to avoid "cancellation."

Haha; just buy another set for your office :D 

Cheers, Emile

Im gonna try. Again I don't was understand “phase”

• Haha 1

Just now, ThedukeMW said:

Again I don't was understand “phase”

Pretty sure about this ... if I'm wrong someone will certainly "chime' in.

If you run speakers opposite of each other, the sound waves start cancelling (and/or reinforcing) each other.  If you change the speaker wiring on the back ones (red wire to black post, black to red) it will negate this problem. Have fun :D 

It's more a bass issue than anything.  Just want to ensure the polarity of the rear system matches that of the front.  You want the systems to be adding bass to each other, not subtracting it.  Easy to determine which way it needs to be, and should be an early equipment checkout item.  Just try it all wired normally, then swap the + and - wires on one pair of speakers and try it again.  You'll know right off which way is better.  Hopefully it's the second way so you won't have to fuss with the wires again.

I bet it will sound great.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Emile said:

Pretty sure about this ... if I'm wrong someone will certainly "chime' in.

If you run speakers opposite of each other, the sound waves start cancelling (and/or reinforcing) each other.  If you change the speaker wiring on the back ones (red wire to black post, black to red) it will negate this problem. Have fun :D 

Thanks for the help, however i am afraid the Forte’s could not hold its own next to the Khorns. They will be relocated to another room to shine on their own. 

Hehe. 

If your just running the speakers in phase or in parallel you might experience comb filtering... HOWEVER,  if you have an avr with processing abilities, you can experience sonic bliss in expanded/ extended stereo modes or surround sound modes.