Price Check 1990 Khorn AK3 single Owner Excellent Condition

Biscuit

For what is listed in the title with no upgrades, what would be the price range for excellent, no visible cabinet defects? Trying to see if I should go see a CL offer.  With consecutive serial numbers and oak finish/black fabric grills.

image.png

Edited by Biscuit
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Budman said:

i don't mind paying extra when they are local. how long have they been for sale ?

do you love Oak

my first offer would be $2500

I do like Oak.  My chorus II's are what look to be same finish.  They were posted 6 days ago on CL.

Edited by Biscuit

28 minutes ago, Biscuit said:

Trying to see if I should go see a CL offer.  With consecutive serial numbers and oak finish/black fabric grills.

Haha ... you already know you are going to buy these :D  Good luck negotiating a better price :) 

• Haha 1

Thanks for all the quick responses and advice. I have the most awesome wife that is actually encouraging me to get them. 

Second question. Current Receivers are a Marantz 2270, fully refurbished/capped, and a new Outlaw 2160.  I prefer the Marantz unless I really want to listen loud.  Thoughts on how those two would sound with these speakers?  I know the Khorns are extremely efficient, but would these be enough power for good bass response?

1 hour ago, Biscuit said:

Current Receivers are a Marantz 2270, fully refurbished/capped, and a new Outlaw 2160.  I prefer the Marantz unless I really want to listen loud.  Thoughts on how those two would sound with these speakers?

99.9% sure the Marantz 2270 will be great :D  Had a Marantz 2252B (52wpc) on (800W) KPT-904's. Awesome, very detailed and loud enough for the neighbors to enjoy :D  Switched to a Crown K1 amp (about 400wpc) and think (?) there is a slight difference ... tighter bass and better highs ... but would have no problem putting my 2252B back in :)  Sorry; no clue on the Outlaw ... but's it is "only" 110wpc ... may get you "1dB" extra, but not much more than your Marantz.

Cheers, Emile

1 hour ago, moray james said:

have you decided where you will move to in the south?

We are weighing out Edmonton, Ottawa or Halliburton Ontario. We need to make a decision soon and get to work on our exit strategy. Cindy likes Calgary as well but it’s pricey and pretty spread out. She doesn’t drive.