Price Check 1990 Khorn AK3 single Owner Excellent Condition

Biscuit

1 hour ago, YK Thom said:

We are weighing out Edmonton, Ottawa or Halliburton Ontario. We need to make a decision soon and get to work on our exit strategy. Cindy likes Calgary as well but it’s pricey and pretty spread out. She doesn’t drive.

Edmonton south of the river has some really nice older residential communities. Have fun choosing.

• Like 1

I went and demo'd them with my Outlaw (wasn't willing to box up the Marantz for it).  They sounded pretty great even with crappy placement (3 inches from corners, 4 inches off floor and 30 feet apart  with shallow listening area).  Right cabinet was not in excellent shape and he wasn't quite ready to let go of them, so we didn't come to an agreement, but maybe someday :) 

Thanks to all for their input!

4 minutes ago, Panelhead said:

I guess moving south means something different to all of us. I was in Vancouver around the Holidays. That was almost as far north as I have been. 

Moving south for me would be south of the Rio Grande. Then I would have to step over the wall to come back.

Very true, all about where the line of scrimmage is. Where I am, Edmonton is a 19 hour drive south. A good two days on the road.

30 minutes ago, moray james said:

Edmonton south of the river has some really nice older residential communities. Have fun choosing.

That they do. We also like it downtown as well. You can do a lot without having to jump into the car. Some nice pubs as well. We frequent the Sherlock Holmes whenever we are in town.

3 hours ago, bkwa1959 said:

A friend of mine offered him 2600.00 and he told him 2900.00 would be the least he would take.Did you make him an offer

I offered him 2500; he said he wouldn't dip below 3000, so I didn't haggle, as that was a couple hundred more than I was willing to give after seeing them. They are nice, but right cabinet is "good", not excellent.  Left is excellent. 

Well my friend asked him over the phone and he told him 2900.00 and my friend offered.  2600.00 based on condition.I have a pair of almost like new 1980 vintage that I paid 3700.00 for and my friend is trying to find a pair,but he does not want to go over 25-2600.He has traveled hours to look at pairs in the low 2k range and they are usually in average condition.Keep your eye on Craigslist you might get lucky.

• Like 1