Rf-7 listed as rf-3

Bryan

I'm looking for used Klipsch floor standers... under $300..

This would be awesome if only... I lived on that side of the country.

I need  a deal like this near Alanta. Or I'm going to grab these jamo s809 floor standers on the Fry's deal. 60% off. Or there's the rb6ii book shelf for $200 at Fry's. I really would love a used pair of klipsch towers. I think I need the klipsch sensitivity since I'll be pairing with whatever cheap used receiver I find online.

The best options I'm seeing near me are sf2 for $225 or rf15 for $300. 🤔

Screenshot_20190224-075639.png

Edited by william99740
Spelling and added picture
  • Like 1

@william99740...Welcome to the forum. While those 2 pair will in your situation given any wife and family consideration that may be in contact with them, and what more modern looking speaker you may be looking for. Craigslist can be your friend. A search in the electronics section may yield some desirable speakers given your budget for used. Klipsch KG-3.5, 4, 5.2 or 5.5 may come available, along with

the speakers you mention above and others. Maybe worth your while. All that said the RF-15 or the other pair above always buying in good to even better condition. Deals do pop up in the Atlanta area often. You could if want start a topic so, when you find a pair of Klipsch, bounce it off of the forum members here.

3 minutes ago, billybob said:

@william99740...Welcome to the forum. While those 2 pair will in your situation given any wife and family consideration that may be in contact with them, and what more modern looking speaker you may be looking for. Craigslist can be your friend. A search in the electronics section may yield some desirable speakers given your budget for used. Klipsch KG-3.5, 4, 5.2 or 5.5 may come available, along with

the speakers you mention above and others. Maybe worth your while. All that said the RF-15 or the other pair above always buying in good to even better condition. Deals do pop up in the Atlanta area often. You could if want start a topic so, when you find a pair of Klipsch, bounce it off of the forum members here.

You may find RF-3 as well, others in that price range. The KG line of speakers are older vintage speakers, and may not be what you are looking at buying. Need more info about what you may be looking for.

And relisted again seriously no takers on a pair of RF-7's for $300???

If I were within a few hundred miles of these I would contact the seller to verify the speakers in the pictures are the ones for sale and if so bid accordingly. In fact since this has been listed a few times already you might be able to get him to pull the listing and sell them outright for a cash offer.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-of-Klipsch-RF-3-Main-Stereo-Speakers/323707778404

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, billybob said:

You may find RF-3 as well, others in that price range. The KG line of speakers are older vintage speakers, and may not be what you are looking at buying. Need more info about what you may be looking for.

Hey thank you for the welcome and for the response! I'm looking for the best deal I can find.. around 300 bucks. For floorstanding speakers. The rf15s are in great shape as are the sf2.. My understanding is that is rf15s don't go below 50hz on the low side. I did not plan on adding a subwoofer. I'll be pairing with an older receiver off Craigslist as there are plenty for sale In my area for hella cheap.

With The sf2.. it's a little short for the set up but honestly my main concern there is with it being as old as it is and being far below reference quality...I haven't heard them basically. And not sure how they will compare to what I'm used to.

I upgraded from rp160m to rp260f in the living room and loving that set up in my smallish apartment living room. This will be for the bedroom. Basically looking for the best deal around 300. They will be used for movies 90% medium loudness, low enough bass that I don't have to add a sub. I'd like clear highs...The horns forwardness almost bounces around my room to give a surround feel without having surround speakers.

I have seen rf3.5?? Maybe.. the ones with the powered sub on bottom but Id rather not get involved with powered speakers that are that old. Plus I've read reviews of humming coming from them.

As of now I have my finger on the trigger to buy the s809s jamo towers with 3 5" drivers and soft dome tweeter... Only because they are on sale from 699 to 280. They have a good height. And the forward port works with my bedroom. Maybe if I'm patient, a steal of a deal on some Klipsch will come around though.

Edited by william99740
  • Like 1

@william99740...Think I understand better now and have now read your Jamo topic. Sorry about not posting there first. For a new set of speakers a pair that is, you could take what you have found out about them and do alright. Are you certain about the specs about the bass not going below 50 hertz? Also, what is the efficiency number given?That is low enough for a lot of ears. Reference (RF) in this case the RF-15, how low do they go? Sometimes, members are alerted about Fry's Klipsch deals. Good hunting and, if that price on the Jamo's are for a pair, you may already have found what you may need or want. Sorry for the 3rd degree also.

Edit: those 3.5 inch drivers are a little small but, maybe alright for bedroom.

24 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

And relisted again seriously no takers on a pair of RF-7's for $300???

If I were within a few hundred miles of these I would contact the seller to verify the speakers in the pictures are the ones for sale and if so bid accordingly. In fact since this has been listed a few times already you might be able to get him to pull the listing and sell them outright for a cash offer.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-of-Klipsch-RF-3-Main-Stereo-Speakers/323707778404

What a hoot! RF-7 for $300 worth the drive if all is for real...of course

29 minutes ago, billybob said:

@william99740...Think I understand better now and have now read your Jamo topic. Sorry about not posting there first. For a new set of speakers a pair that is, you could take what you have found out about them and do alright. Are you certain about the specs about the bass not going below 50 hertz? Also, what is the efficiency number given?That is low enough for a lot of ears. Reference (RF) in this case the RF-15, how low do they go? Sometimes, members are alerted about Fry's Klipsch deals. Good hunting and, if that price on the Jamo's are for a pair, you may already have found what you may need or want. Sorry for the 3rd degree also.

Edit: those 3.5 inch drivers are a little small but, maybe alright for bedroom.

Don't apologize for the 3rd degree lol I appreciate the attention to detail... The jamo is rated down to just below 40hz... There are 3 seperate 5" drivers and the woofers appear to be similar to the Img  design in looks and material on the newer klipsch reference line. And the $270 is for the pair. Sensitivity rated at 90db.

The rf15s is dual 5.25 inch drivers.. cermetallic of course with titanium tweeters. Sensitivity 95... Bass drops off at 50 according to cnet...  $300 used and reconditioned.  These Rf7s on eBay are wayyy better deal.