New... not New Old Stock

Schu

On 2/21/2019 at 12:41 PM, Schu said:

they arrive very quickly from hong kong (which is not china)... a

Don't tell China that... It is an SAR (Special Administrative Region), as is Macau. To travel there from the mainland, you need a passport and visa. All you do is go through a tunnel to get there.

Something to remember about new production tubes... at least the WE tubes. The vacuum is much greater with the new tubes, so that should help their longevity.

Bruce

On 2/21/2019 at 11:23 AM, bkwa1959 said:

Where do you buy your tubes,I have been looking on eBay and the sellers are from China and I am a little hesitant to buy from outside US,quality issues and custom fees are my concern.

vivatubescom  I purchased two Psvane12au7 from them . They are located in USA.

• Like 1

Has anyone compared the Penta Labs KT88SC against any of these newer/fancier packaged KT88s? I bought a boatload of quads for my VRDs from Doug's some years back after he got a fresh shipment (and they were under $150 per quad - feels like I stole 'em now)....

Not that I'm complaining at all, but do wonder if these have really changed much.

I haven't had a need to try current smalls, as I have enough old types to get me through many lifetimes, but couldn't (and wouldn't) pony up for NOS power tubes given what they cost even 10 years ago. I am still kicking myself in the arse for not stocking up on the Winged C 6L6GCs, as I was busy sucking up every good example of other tubes I liked and figured I would get those later - then the St Pete SED plant went poof and never got around to doing what I did with Doug on the KT88s with the SED 6L6GC.