Heresy $70.00 Jackson Tennessee

fanofbully

15 minutes ago, baron167 said:

I use gmail and yahoo email and I don't scam. Are you serious?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nearly all of the ads that are under priced and list in the description contact me at _________At Gmail dot com have been SPAM.

The ones asking you directly to the gmail account and not through CL mail server (which will mail your gmail account).

If someone responds to my CL ad, it goes to my gmail.

Feel free to contact them and let me know how it goes.

I am willing to admit when I am wrong.  I am married, so I am used to being wrong.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, opusk2k9 said:

Nearly all of the ads that are under priced and list in the description contact me at _________At Gmail dot com have been SPAM.

The ones asking you directly to the gmail account and not through CL mail server

Ha; see what you mean :(  But ... why would a spammer try to collect 5-10 email addresses via CraigsList?

I think this could be legit...  IF she still has them.  I think I chatted with her about a pair of Khorns about a year ago but they were gone as soon as she posted them she said.  Imagine that.  Her husband passed and she had no need or desire for them.  She didn't mention the Heresy's at that point but I was heading South if she still had the Khorns.  Thinking she wanted $800 for them.  The location looks right though cause I was computing...  Bwa ha ha!  Ugh!  

• Haha 1

Just now, Dave1290 said:

I think this could be legit...  IF she still has them.  I think I chatted with her about a pair of Khorns about a year ago but they were gone as soon as she posted them she said.  Imagine that.  Her husband passed and she had no need or desire for them.  She didn't mention the Heresy's at that point but I was heading South if she still had the Khorns.  Thinking she wanted $800 for them.  The location looks right though cause I was computing...  Bwa ha ha!  Ugh!  

I hope they are legit.  Good luck.

9 minutes ago, opusk2k9 said:

I hope they are legit.  Good luck.

Nooooo, not me...  Pair of LS and a pair of Heresy's sittin here now!  lol

8 minutes ago, Emile said:

Haha ... $70 makes sense now :D 

I'm honestly thinking it's her Emile.  I was second in line if he didn't want them.  He was coming down from Nashville she said.    She was a very nice lady who actually sat down and told me the entire story.  THEN emailed me back to tell me they were sold.  I asked about tubes and she said he just had a lil reciever she sold @ a garage sale.  Prolly a Luxman...  hahaha  The city and map "ring my bell."  Soooooo, get on your pony and ride!   Benz diesel at warp 3!  😂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Soooooo, get on your pony and ride!   Benz diesel at warp 3!  😂

Haha ... long drive from the Florida beaches to Tennessee hills :D  Was just "chiming in" and amazed at some of the bargains I see.  Jeez ... I paid seven HUNDRED for mine (OK; for 3).

Cheers, Emile

• Haha 1

On 2/18/2019 at 6:34 PM, baron167 said:
On 2/17/2019 at 2:02 PM, opusk2k9 said:
email is gmail account.  That is normally a red flag of a scam.

I use gmail and yahoo email and I don't scam. Are you serious?

Not all gmail users are scammers.  All scammers use gmail.  :P

+++

The gmail addy can be a red flag.  The waaay below market value price is the first red flag.  It doesn't mean they aren't legit.  It just means potential Buyers should be extra skeptical and take steps to protect themselves.  Ask for specific pictures such as the labels or just the tops, and talk directly to the Seller to vette him.

The ad is still up and it says the "cabs need some work" while saying the speakers are in "excellent" condition.  The top of the cabs have the traditional giant water rings from watering a plant.  They will clean up nicely with some work.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Most likely a scam. They want you to contact them at the email address listed in the post and not through using the craigslist email relay which keeps both parties addresses anonymous. People that do this (I believe) sell the email addresses that they collect to bigger companies (like electronics retailers). I fell for this once, the "seller" told me that the speakers sold, but many more deals like that could be found at such and such website. The create traffic and collect email addresses.

• Like 2