Klipsch Forte III Initial Impressions

Matt1993

So I recently upgraded my Klipsch RP-150M bookshelf speakers that I had for about 3 years to the Forte III’s in my audio setup a few days ago. Wow...all I have to say, biggest improvement I have seen so far! I have been experimenting with placement, currently have them about 12-13inches from the back wall in my apt., slight toe-in and 6-7 feet apart. They are about 13 feet from main listening position. Sounding pretty good but does anyone have any recommendations for me to improve the sound more? Also I have heard that these speakers need time to break in to sound their best, is this true? Any and all comments are appreciated!👍🏻 - Matt

• Like 1

Lovin' mine.  Best money I've spent on speakers ever.  For my situation having their centerlines cross just ahead of where I usually sit works best, but I've got a wall right behind me.  I've not noticed any great dependency on exact positioning for them otherwise.  Simply play around with it over time.  Eventually you'll say "good enough."  If you've been playing them a few good days now they're likely "broke in" enough.

Thanks! So happy with these speakers so far. Definitely endgame for me for speakers haha. Still playing around with the positioning, they’re like 19-20 inches from the back wall now. Sounding great, I think I’ll keep them here at least for tonight👍🏻 Any more thoughts from anyone are much appreciated thanks!!

• Like 1

I got a pair 3 weeks ago , replaced my Kg5.2 , much better  and I was really worried they would not be much better  , although , I did get an amazing deal and i can sell them for as much as I paid for them.

What amp are you using ?

I am using a 15 year old yamaha  av something ss middle of the road amp 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kidd said:

I got a pair 3 weeks ago , replaced my Kg5.2 , much better  and I was really worried they would not be much better  , although , I did get an amazing deal and i can sell them for as much as I paid for them.

What amp are you using ?

I am using a 15 year old yamaha  av something ss middle of the road amp 

I’m using an Emotiva TA-100 integrated amplifier that I’ve had for over a year now. With Lounge Audio LCR-MKiii phono stage and their “Copla” step-up amp for my MC cartridge. Do you think upgrading my amplifier would lead to an improvement in the sound from my Forte’s? I don’t really know if Emotiva is considered “high-end” vs middle of the road? Thanks. 

you are asking the wrong person , little do i know , from reading info for answers to this very question , it's clear to me you just have to start trying this and that and make your owe way .

I'd start  with a tubed amp , why not ?

That's what I am gonna do as soon as I get my new oled 65" mounted  above the fortes , opening up room for a table for electronics , then I'll start wasting , I mean spending money on stuff

3 hours ago, Kidd said:

you are asking the wrong person , little do i know , from reading info for answers to this very question , it's clear to me you just have to start trying this and that and make your owe way .

I'd start  with a tubed amp , why not ?

That's what I am gonna do as soon as I get my new oled 65" mounted  above the fortes , opening up room for a table for electronics , then I'll start wasting , I mean spending money on stuff

INVESTING money Kidd. Investing.

19 hours ago, BernardLVH said:

INVESTING money Kidd. Investing.

Yeah , okay , got it 🙄         , lol

I want to share , my 3 week old Fortes are toed out ,  1 aimed at my wife and the other at me , for the time being 

On 2/17/2019 at 10:11 PM, Matt1993 said:

I’m using an Emotiva TA-100 integrated amplifier that I’ve had for over a year now. With Lounge Audio LCR-MKiii phono stage and their “Copla” step-up amp for my MC cartridge. Do you think upgrading my amplifier would lead to an improvement in the sound from my Forte’s? I don’t really know if Emotiva is considered “high-end” vs middle of the road? Thanks. 

I would say Emotiva is closer to high end than the middle of the road. They make a great product, especially for the price.

• Like 1

You have them set up pretty well. Now just a matter of fine tuning, an inch farther or closer to the back wall ( keep in mind the rear passive radiators), father apart, closer together.... once you have the rough set up, believe it or not, noodling around with inches may surprise you. When you hear it, you’ll hear it.

• Like 1

congrats on your new speakers. still enjoying mine and still playing around a bit on exact position. One thing with these speakers- If a recording is mastered well it shines. if not- watch out, very revealing. So far only sacd & cds. haven't taken the vinyl plunge....yet. I'm sure vinyl will sound great too if done right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kman said:

congrats on your new speakers. still enjoying mine and still playing around a bit on exact position. One thing with these speakers- If a recording is mastered well it shines. if not- watch out, very revealing. So far only sacd & cds. haven't taken the vinyl plunge....yet. I'm sure vinyl will sound great too if done right. 

Thanks man! Appreciate your comments along with everyone else’s. I would definitely agree, still working on the positioning as well. We will get it down with perseverance 👍🏻 And yeah vinyl is sounding pretty awesome on mine! Definitely an improvement over the old speakers.

• Like 1

Well guys, I am impressed more and more by these speakers every time I listen to them. I think I finally got the positioning down. Very slight toe-in, about 14 inches from side walls, 7-ish feet apart and 9-10 inches from wall behind the speakers. Soundstage is HUGE, fills the room, and music just washes over you with emotion and detail. Best speakers I’ve ever purchased 👍🏻

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1