Klipsch Forte III Initial Impressions

Matt1993

The forte line has always had a reputation of being among one of Klipsch's most balanced speakers.  I have been enjoying my forte II for over a quarter century now, with zero regrets.

Glad to see you appear to have placement issues mostly resolved.

Enjoy, and congratulations..

Regards,

John

• Like 1

Another thought I had everyone - anyone ever experiment with isolation of your Forte III’s? I was thinking of getting some granite slabs to put underneath them to help prevent vibration from the floor. Any thoughts are appreciated👍🏻

I got that, but what I was looking for was "why?"  Are you seeking to isolate sound from the room below?  Granite slabs wouldn't do much for that.  Nor would they do much of anything (if anything?) if the goal was to couple the speakers better to the floor.  Something soft(er) and squishy(er) would maybe help isolate sound getting through to a room below, but I think the cabinets are heavy and sturdy enough that not much physical vibration gets through anyway.  I don't feel much of anything on the tops even when playing quite loud.

My Forte IIIs are just sitting on the floor and working well that way.

10 hours ago, veloceleste said:

I did this with forte II and found my original post from 13 years ago. Can't believe its been that long!

Spiked my Forte II's last night with Parts Express 3/8" speaker cabinet toe spike set (part # 240-725). It just so happened that the spike inset fit into the circular hole cut into the bottom of the plastic triangular corner supports on the base of the Forte II. The teeth just managed to grab the inside of the hole so I also glued it in with some Gorilla Glue. Spike depth measured to 18mm from inset to tip of spike and voila, spikes with no drilling. Everything is well fastened. Listened this morning and the midrange seems clearer and the bass is tighter also. Did I say NO DRILLING?!

I was thinking of spiking my Forte III. As Glens said it depends on the floor. Spike on concrete, isolate vibrations with something that dampens vibration if speakers are on a floor that is supported from below and may transmit vibration.

Careful there. You are treading close to dangerous waters. Tweaks are almost as taboo as fancy cables in these parts. Don't step out of line..........:ohmy:

Shakey

So I’ve finally got my single Forte III set up as a center channel and just as the first time i tried listening to it in mono, there’s a peak that my ears are really sensitive too. Makes my ears instantly raise every time. I’ve seen someone else mention this issue and I wonder if there’s anyone who has a freq graph of the forte III so I can apply a few db decrease eq to that peak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for that. So it’s the tweeter that’s hot? That thread about making it two way is interesting as I was just thinking the other day about putting the k70 with horn in my KLF-10s when I too discovered one of the pro surrounds uses the k70g driver as a 2 way out to 19khz. While I don’t have the skill to solder and experiment in making the forte III a 2 way, I can try and swap in my Chorus II tweeter with Ti or phenolic and see if it’s not as hot. For now I’ll eq the tweeter a few dB down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk