Desktop Laptop Soundcard upgrades.

Dave A

Some time ago I mentioned the improvement in audio output from my workstation PC when I downloaded the Realtek high definition audio driver. I also have a Dell precision laptop which I am in the process of upgrading and updating for the pilgrimage. By the way the xilica I am going to use for my new setup works just fine with the 1/8" audio jack out from both the desktop and laptop. 1/8" split to two xlr's and you are good to go with no preamp.

Anyway I played with the stock driver on the laptop and it was surely a reminder of how poor it is. Downloaded the Realtek driver update and now output is claimed to go as high as 24 bit 192 k just  like the desktop claims. I don't have any way to verify that but I can say that the output is just as good as the desktop now. If you run off a PC go find the hi def upgrade and do it. I am just a two channel guy but apparently this driver will do multichannel too.

• Like 1