Subwoofer hookup

Blakedean

I have a pair of r-41 pm speakers hooked up to a turntable, and I was just given 2.1 computer speakers with a sub, and I want to hook the sub up to the speakers hooked up to the turntable. The back of the speakers have a round sub out port, but the sub just has a power plug and a port saying pre-amp in, i can not figure out how to hook these up, is this possible to do?9c34c5a04f156cd0254aeb352eb42ef0.jpg8858fb1838851bfa63ac8b97819934c5.jpg4b99374a3d07075bac7bc0f45523075c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the "Pre Amp In" connection on the sub is an RCA jack (I can't tell because the cable is plugged in to it), here's what you do:

I assume each satellite has a "Sub Out" RCA jack as seen in the photo.

You will run a single RCA cable from each satellite "Sub Out" to a "Y" adapter. It sums the left and right signals. Then plug that single connection in to the "Pre Amp In" on the sub, assuming it's an RCA female connection. You may have to get a male/female gender changer somewhere in that hookup, but they're easily available.

If the "Pre Amp In" connection on the sub is an RCA jack (I can't tell because the cable is plugged in to it), here's what you do:

I assume each satellite has a "Sub Out" RCA jack as seen in the photo.

You will run a single RCA cable from each satellite "Sub Out" to a "Y" adapter. It sums the left and right signals. Then plug that single connection in to the "Pre Amp In" on the sub, assuming it's an RCA female connection. You may have to get a male/female gender changer somewhere in that hookup, but they're easily available.

Thanks for the response, but on the sub “pre amp in” has a plug that I’m not familiar that I took a picture of Its is not rca, but any idea on how to connect it or even what type of plug this is.d6be5721c054f3826ea9b817cc6ee1ff.jpg

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to accomplish.  You have a Promedia set with 2 satellites and a sub.  You also have a stand alone sub with 2 seperate  speakers.  What is your source.  What would you ultimately want hooked up?

I would like to take the sub from the set, and connect it to a different set of powered speakers, but I am unfamiliar with the plug on the sub and was wondering if it was even possible to do so.

12 minutes ago, Blakedean said:

I would like to take the sub from the set, and connect it to a different set of powered speakers, but I am unfamiliar with the plug on the sub and was wondering if it was even possible to do so.

From the promedia?  If so your powered speakers would need high level (speaker wire) inputs.

• 3 years later...

Hello I have the klipsch’s R41’s 

hooked up to a NAD D3020 v2 and a Sony  Bluetooth turntable.  Came across my old 2.1 pro media GMAX  Computer speaker system and was wondering if I can connect the subwoofer to my current office stereo system ?