KLF-30's with KV3 Center $600.00 (Albuquerque)

TasDom

2 minutes ago, weziewoo said:

I owe your @TasDom finder's fee on those cherry Heresy IIIs from last year! :D

Thanks everyone. I will report back later tonight. I am pretty excited to check out these KLF-30

Do check them out good and look behind both grilles at the drivers. Grilles may be decent enough to get you by for now, or cleanable. Pics are one thing, being there another. Look at and touch problem areas Make sure veneer is intact. Corners in good enough shape, and ask about the feet and any paperwork seller may have. If you need to go out and use cell to forum, someone may be around for feedback. If you know this please disregard. Cash talks regardless of any other's that may be lined up, you there with the king cash is a bird in hand, and not a no show...good fortune and you should feel good about it. Proceed with caution...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, weziewoo said:

The other tower's SN is xxx99150061. Any thoughts on this, guys?

edit: should I be concerned/worried over non-consecutive serial number?

The grain structure of the veneer might be off. With Oak, one might be straight grain and the other a cathedral grain. They usually live at the opposite sides of a room and no one will notice any non matching finish. 

Good price. 

• Like 3

The KLF-30s have a new home! I met with the lady and husband selling both the KLF-30s and the KV3 at their house yesterday after work, and I brought my wife with me for an extra pair of hands (and because she's slowly getting into this speaker mad world we nutsos live in).

It was actually kind of sad that she had to let go of the speakers. The husband developed a pulmonary disease and has to move to a new city. Considering these speakers are big and cumbersome to move, she decided not to take them. Her son gave her a soundbar and she told me "that thing isn't nearly as cool or sound as good as one of these two!". For a craigslist experience, this went incredibly well.

The few things that really stood out in my opinion, specially for speakers that are 20 years old (?):

• The amount of dog hair on and around them wasn't as bad as my wife made it seem, but it gave her an allergy attack for a couple of hours. Oops!;
  • No broken pegs. Not a single one;
  • Badges, tags, binding posts, feet and whatnot: all still there;
  • Although not consecutive serial numbers, the hue/shade of the oak finish is pretty darn identical. I am not bothered by it at all; 
  • All drivers are in excellent condition, and even my wife couldn't believe how they were in such good shape;
  • The amount of bass coming out of these speakers makes you grin quite a bit. I do wish the ports were on front, but I will have to tweak with placement.

They are going in my dedicated home theater (hahaha that sounds silly... it's really just a 11x14 room that we use to play games and watch movies).

The KV3 left me underwhelmed, but I think almost anything would not be able to hold a candle to these KLF-30s, so I will set everything up and see how it goes.

I didn't have time last night to set everything up as I want, but my wife is going out of town for a few days and I will very soon have a KLF-30, KV3, RB61, and dual PSA XV15se for a 5.2 system. Pretty excited for this weekend.

Best case scenario: I keep the KLF-30s where they are now and be done with it (yeah right... like you can ever be done with this hobby)

Worst case scenario: I move the KLF-30s to the living room and get a RF7/RC64 combo from Cory within the next few months. Ok, that could not possibly be a "worst" case scenario, it would only cost money. 

Thanks for the input, @Woofers and Tweeters , , , unless you're looking side by side, it is hard to tell they have different wood/cathedral grains. Funny you mention cathedrals, because I work on a furniture shop and a coworker gave a hard time that I kept calling them stalactites or stalagmites... because that's what they look like to me! haha

1 minute ago, Pinball_pw said:

So what is the verdict @weziewoo ?  Inquiring minds want to know ;)

I was just about to post here! Perfect timing, haha.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1