KLF-30's with KV3 Center $600.00 (Albuquerque)

TasDom

Sweet, congrats on what worked out to be a good experience.

You could sell the KV3 and put the money towards a KLF-C7 (eventually) Wife sounds cool put don't push it :lol:

One was just listed here

https://www.facebook.com/groups/KOClassifieds/permalink/352203472040606/?sale_post_id=352203472040606

Oh BTW, pictures or we won't believe you..:emotion-22:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, TasDom said:

Sweet, congrats on what worked out to be a good experience.

You could sell the KV3 and put the money towards a KLF-C7 (eventually) Wife sounds cool put don't push it :lol:

One was just listed here

https://www.facebook.com/groups/KOClassifieds/permalink/352203472040606/?sale_post_id=352203472040606

Oh BTW, pictures or we won't believe you..:emotion-22:

Yeah, I got lucky. The little we listened to them last night was enough for her to tell me that if they go in the living room (despite looking big) it's alllll good. She was enjoying the sound coming out of them and smiling beautifully, while I was grinning like a teenager and I was smiling like a hipster doofus.

She already called the speakers the "little mammoths" and said I need to set them up tonight so we can listen to some music after dinner. 

I don't have facebook, so I will have to keep an eye out somewhere else. 

I will absolutely take pictures! 

Image result for kramer gif

• Thanks 1

Nice score!  I liked my KLF-10's but never got a chance to move up to the big boys.

I highly recommend the KLF-C7 as well...I had a KV3 for a while and it was pretty underwhelming.  Even though I'm back to using Epics, I still prefer my C7 over any other center.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, weziewoo said:

Just ordered Crites' titanium diaphragms ! Hopefully I won't screw up these monsters (with me not being able to install)

@TasDom I will buy you a beer if you have experience with this

KLF-30 are great speakers, I have a couple pair.  

You might want to move them away from the wall a bit more, since they are rear ported.

Not sure what you are powering the set up with weziewoo but the KLF are very similar to the RF-7 in the way that they thrive with high power. The more you feed them, the more you get out of them. Congrats on your purchase, I love my KLF-30's and KLF-20's. I wish I had a bigger house so I could accommodate more than the eight I have now

Tim

16 hours ago, weziewoo said:

Just ordered Crites' titanium diaphragms ! Hopefully I won't screw up these monsters (with me not being able to install)

@TasDom I will buy you a beer if you have experience with this

Sorry I just saw this but I have no experience replacing diaphragms. There are lots of threads here if you search a little. I know @moray james is well versed with the Klipsch Legend series and maybe he'll chime in with some pointers.

Appreciate the offer!

17 hours ago, Pinball_pw said:

They are really easy to put in...

That's what it seems - the more I look into, it's something that can be done in 15 minutes or so. I'm just leery because of how delicate the diaphragm is. I appreciate the feedback, though. Glad it's really easy.

16 hours ago, opusk2k9 said:

KLF-30 are great speakers, I have a couple pair.  

You might want to move them away from the wall a bit more, since they are rear ported.

I'm really enjoying the KLF-30s. Unfortunately I don't have a big room (roughly 11'6" by 14'), but I think now they're about a foot away from the wall... and the position isn't permanent yet. I'll play with that as well as toe-in, since now they're at around a 25 degree angle (Dolby guidelines say 22-30).

11 hours ago, teaman said:

Not sure what you are powering the set up with weziewoo but the KLF are very similar to the RF-7 in the way that they thrive with high power. The more you feed them, the more you get out of them. Congrats on your purchase, I love my KLF-30's and KLF-20's. I wish I had a bigger house so I could accommodate more than the eight I have now

Tim

Hi Tim.

I'm using an older Integra receiver, THX certified and all that stuff. Supposedly it puts out a solid 100w/channel, but I do plan to have a separate amp for my front three. I used to have an Emotiva amp and it was good. Considering these KLF-30 have a sensitivity of 102 dB/w/m, at least on paper, I haven't felt like I need more... at least for now. 

I'm sorry, did you say eight?! That's awesome!

Part of me would like to move them into our living room for a 2-channel setup, but I have my Heresies there now. 

3 hours ago, TasDom said:

Sorry I just saw this but I have no experience replacing diaphragms. There are lots of threads here if you search a little. I know @moray james is well versed with the Klipsch Legend series and maybe he'll chime in with some pointers.

Appreciate the offer!

No worries, Billy. Just thought about you since you're local, but I'm likely overthinking this. 

• Like 2

Sounds like these may see the living room sometime when it is right. If you do the diaphragms, just take your time as it is a somewhat delicate procedure first time around. Enjoy and make sure you want the mod...

Edit: Just saw you have ordered them...alright.

4 hours ago, TasDom said:

Appreciate the offer!

Here is one video of a diaphragm change similar enough for you to see what it is like. Bob may have a video or a series of photos on his site showing the same. Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, moray james said:

Here is one video of a diaphragm change similar enough for you to see what it is like. Bob may have a video or a series of photos on his site showing the same. Hope this helps.

Thank you! @moray james 

Bob did send me instructions on how to swap them, I think it's actually on his website (pictures/step-by-step). But a video always helps too.

• 2 weeks later...