More Gender Angst

Jeff Matthews

3 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

I don't see where she's saying that they shouldn't be allowed to compete in Men's sports. I think that is the difference.  

What?  Did my generalization not makes sense?  Its easy to get flip flopped in some of these negative number discussions.  But yes I agree, feel free to compete where your DNA allows.

1 minute ago, Zen Traveler said:

Seriously. If this is about Transgender people in Sports then it's a legitimate topic that shouldn't go beyond the rules. OTOH, if anyone is going to make fun of Transgender people then that is obviously out of line. That's my take.

Well its a little deeper than that Zen.   When does a man "actually" become a woman? 

7 minutes ago, Max2 said:

What?  Did my generalization not makes sense?  Its easy to get flip flopped in some of these negative number discussions.  But yes I agree, feel free to compete where your DNA allows. 

I understand that's your opinion but I was clarifying what Martina Navratilova seemed to be saying in the links. She didn't say "DNA" and instead implied advantage due to Male Hormones. 

20 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

I think Martina makes a valid point that only women who aren't transgender be allowed to compete in leagues designed for Women....Otoh, Men's sports are supposed to be more challenging without limits to the original rules and Transgenders would fit more naturally in those completion's regardless where they started from biologically. Remember, Bruce Jenner won his Olympic medals as a man.

21 minutes ago, Max2 said:

Well its a little deeper than that Zen.   When does a man "actually" become a woman? 

That seems to be a larger discussion that what would be allowed in this forum. Don't get me wrong, I love delving in these issues but some folks get disgruntled and then the thread gets locked. 

Peeps get disgruntled when they only had an option to see it.

20 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

That seems to be a larger discussion that what would be allowed in this forum. Don't get me wrong, I love delving in these issues but some folks get disgruntled and then the thread gets locked. 

26 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

They don't.

Exactly. At least not in a physical state, but in their mind is where it is different.  It comes down to the brain in the end, and where this meets with rationalizing and reasoning is why these male/female entities cant grasp the moral and ethical aspect of having a physical advantage over the females genetic build. 

40 minutes ago, babadono said:

I want to have my lah a lah cut off and a lah a lah a lah carved into me, yea I'm not crazy, nothing to see here move along. All so I can compete with REAL women.

That's the thing, you don't even have to remove it to compete with women