More Gender Angst

Jeff Matthews

1 hour ago, Max2 said:
2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

They don't.

Exactly. At least not in a physical state, but in their mind is where it is different.  It comes down to the brain in the end, and where this meets with rationalizing and reasoning is why these male/female entities cant grasp the moral and ethical aspect of having a physical advantage over the females genetic build. 

It shouldn't be up to them. The Women's sport they are competing should (and I thought did).

1 hour ago, babadono said:

I want to have my lah a lah cut off and a lah a lah a lah carved into me, yea I'm not crazy, nothing to see here move along. All so I can compete with REAL women.

How they view life is something to consider but I imagine it's not for the reasons stated above.

37 minutes ago, Max2 said:

That's the thing, you don't even have to remove it to compete with women

I didn't realize that either. Again, I think Martina who started off this whole discussion has a point and it's up to Women's sports to address the issue.

52 minutes ago, Max2 said:

Whether you like these guys or not, the whole break down is right here

I didn't click on the link because I don't have a vested interest. It appears to be two guys talking about a Women's sports issue...I gave my 2 cents where they should argue  to compete and that in Men's sports. 

9 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

I didn't click on the link because I don't have a vested interest. It appears to be two guys talking about a Women's sports issue...I gave my 2 cents where they should argue and that is to compete and that in Men's sports. 

That's too bad.

Joe and Ben broke it down pretty well and also touched on many other areas tied to this.  There were also some funny "truths" along the way with it. 

Maybe you'll find time later to watch it. 

I think there needs to be a new type of xlr connectors. They must have the same number of male and female components and you are not allowed to categorize the polarity nor assign artificial man created names to them. They will be allowed to be what they want on any given day and whether it all works right does not matter as long as the  xlr's can plug into each other some kind of way. The laws of electricity are a cisgendered construct and have no bearing on reality.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:
5 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Race, religion, politics.  Sexual politics are OK? 

Why not?  Tubes vs. SS.  Analog vs. digital.  All discussions of human behavior are inherently "political."  

I think Jeff is bored and is looking at suspicious News sites that drum up political discourse--Kinda like what was happening over a couple of years ago when folks were trying to stoke the racial divide...

2 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:
2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Yeah Jeff, borrowing from my philosophy there.  It doesn't make some things allowed for discussion here though.

Gotta keep the loonies on the path.

What loonies? 

23 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

I think Jeff is bored and is looking at suspicious News sites that drum up political discourse--Kinda like what was happening over a couple of years ago when folks were trying to stoke the racial divide..

CNN CBS NBC ABC NPR? They still are. Chicago Jussie being the latest case. I learned all about how normal people are really oppresive cisgendered constructs there too.

• Like 1

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Max2 said:

Whether you like these guys or not, the whole break down is right here

It's crazy I just watched that a little while ago.

I sometimes watch Ben, almost to much common sense for some to deal with.

• Like 1

This whole issue is extremely complicated.  As a former high school and college wrestler, I would not want a daughter of mine wrestling boys.  Hell, I wouldn’t want a daughter of mine wrestling girls.  Since I have two sons (neither of which wrestled), and no daughters, the concept is purely hypothetical.

If I had a daughter, I would want her to have the opportunity to do whatever she chose to do, including competing in traditionally male sports, such as wrestling.  I would prefer that she chose otherwise, but I like to think I would support her in whatever she chose to do.

Sports has done wonders in areas of race relations and gender equality.  Without Title 9 and the philosophy behind it, girls would not have had the opportunities to compete, even with each other, in sports, that exist today.  A problem with sports as a gender equalizer is the very nature of athletic competitions, most of which reward strength, size and speed, which typically favor males over females.  Females who excel in sports often have more masculine traits than their female competition.  Martina Navratilova comes to mind.

After rambling on, my personal opinion is that transgender individuals should not be in competition with non-transgender individuals at the higher levels of sanctioned sports.  It is unfair to non-transgender persons.  

I can’t fully imagine the thought processes that compelled Bruce Jenner to transition to Caitlyn, but I applaud her courage and support her decision.  I would not support Caitlyn in sanctioned athletic competition with natural-born women.  If Caitlyn wanted to play Martina in a friendly game of tennis, fine.  I’d put my money on Martina.  If Caitlyn challenged Martina to a pole vault competition, so be it.  I’d bet on Caitlyn.

IMO, were pathologists to examine the skeletons of Rachel McKinnon and Caitlyn Jenner, specifically the pelvic bones, they would declare them to be male.

16 hours ago, Max2 said:

oe and Ben broke it down pretty well and also touched on many other areas tied to this.  There were also some funny "truths" along the way with it. 

Maybe you'll find time later to watch it. 

Thanks for the link.  Seemed like a common sense conversation which is sorely lacking now days.

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

IMO, were pathologists to examine the skeletons of Rachel McKinnon and Caitlyn Jenner, specifically the pelvic bones, they would declare them to be male.

Truth indeed. People can be delusional about what they wish they were but genes do not lie. Man or Woman like it or not. There was a time when the mentally ill received help but today they get scalpels, hormone therapy and preferential legal treatment. Pity the poor children who are told at the age of five by crazy parents that they can choose what sex they want to be!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dave A said:
5 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Truth indeed. People can be delusional about what they wish they were but genes do not lie. Man or Woman like it or not.

I dunno....I think the argument is should they be allowed to compete in Women's sports and I think not. Otoh, you guys seem to be focusing on your belief that it's important to identify with your sexual identity/genes from birth--Who cares?  

There was a time when the mentally ill received help but today they get scalpels, hormone therapy and preferential legal treatment. Pity the poor children who are told at the age of five by crazy parents that they can choose what sex they want to be!

Have you ever met a parent of a transgender child? How about a kid whose parents were openly weirdly religious? I have both and feel the latter posed more harm to their children/society than the former. 

5 hours ago, DizRotus said:

After rambling on, my personal opinion is that transgender individuals should not be in competition with non-transgender individuals at the higher levels of sanctioned sports.  It is unfair to non-transgender persons.  

I can’t fully imagine the thought processes that compelled Bruce Jenner to transition to Caitlyn, but I applaud her courage and support her decision.  I would not support Caitlyn in sanctioned athletic competition with natural-born women.

I agree when it comes to Women's sports but keep in mind Bruce Jenner won his Olympic Medals as a man.