More Gender Angst

Jeff Matthews

The character of the various sports in existence evolved along strict male/female participation. So our ‘hybrid’ contestants are in fact being allowed advantages due to the known and accepted fact that male/female physicality is decidedly different. Competition is way more than simple gender appearances.

So - why not define some NEW types of sports to level this situation out? And, in this same vein - is this issue more about being politically correct than truly competitive? Are the transgender males more interested in encroaching upon traditional female sports to prove their gay acceptance agenda(s) or do they honestly believe it is even competition? Would they eschew a new sport devised just for them because it wasn’t female enough for their peculiar psyche?

1 hour ago, Zen Traveler said:

Does anyone here know a transgender person? 

I knew a genuine transgender male in the process of medical ‘alterations’. He/she was hilarious and I feel more honestly in touch with his sexuality than gay males not inclined to become transgender (which I have also known - some were scary).

1 hour ago, Zen Traveler said:

I personally do not.    Although, I would treat them the same as any person I might pass, I would certainly go out of my way to avoid them if my 5 year old was with me. 

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Did you ever watch the video?

I watched the first 3 minutes and it really didn't spark my interest and didn't know where it was going.  It seemed to be two white sports commentators riffing on what they thought was wrong with sports and/or society. Fwiw, I don't follow sports and feel it takes away from the discussions on society that seem more important to have....I of course don't mind but expressing opinions on  someone else's gender identity seems like it could go as wrong as talking about race. Btw, those guys started talking about the Kaepernick "knee" and "BLM" and I'm sure those things would get this thread shut down.

25 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

I don't follow sports and feel it takes away from the discussions on society that seem more important to have

Sports are integral to society and reflect the society in which we live.  That's like saying I don't follow politics and feel it takes away from discussions on governance and policy that seem more important to have.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Sports are integral to society and reflect the society in which we live.  That's like saying I don't follow politics and feel it takes away from discussions on governance and policy that seem more important to have.

Organized sports don't affect my life one iota. Insofar as it superseding politics in most discussions with folks in here, it seems as long as it concerns sports it's okay and the gender/Kapernick situations seem to go over the line given how political those topics are in society. 

34 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

didn't know where it was going.

They make many valid points when it comes to transgenderism.  If you only watched 3 minutes you never got to hear they're take.  Both of those guys are in the sports world but covered more aspects of the subject than just the sports side of the issue.  They approached it from the scientific, practical and logical angles.  The closest that they came to anything political was the bathroom issue in the Carolinas but talked about the real world application as opposed to the political.

15 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Organized sports don't affect my life one iota.

They affect the society in which you live because so many place such importance on them.  The highest office in the land makes comments and judgements regarding these privately owned businesses.  Your last sentence demonstrates the interconnection.  Sports as a political statement and weapon go back to the founding civilizations of western societies.  They were also prominent in every other dominant society of their day.  So whether you realize it or not, they affect your life.  Whether you acknowledge it or not, Jackie Robinson, Jim Thorpe, Cassius Clay and others affect and have affected all of our lives.

#oldtimerdefendssports

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

I dunno....I think the argument is should they be allowed to compete in Women's sports and I think not. Otoh, you guys seem to be focusing on your belief that it's important to identify with your sexual identity/genes from birth--Who cares?  

Double standard. If you care about competition in sports you care what sex they are too. Look the whole thing boils down to what sex you were born with and the unfair advantage mentally aberrant people wish to acquire by competing against women because they can't win championships against men.

Have you ever met a parent of a transgender child? How about a kid whose parents were openly weirdly religious? I have both and feel the latter posed more harm to their children/society than the former.

What religious person do you know that is stranger than a parent who puts their grade school child on hormone therapy to screw around with the child's body before the kid has even thought seriously about sex? Now the idea you can find a fringe lunatic religious person I have no doubt but these sex mutilating parents are a whole new level of strange.

I can’t fully imagine the thought processes that compelled Bruce Jenner to transition to Caitlyn, but I applaud her courage and support her decision.  I would not support Caitlyn in sanctioned athletic competition with natural-born women.

I know this was not your comment but I grabbed it from your post. Why encourage insanity and say it is OK? He is a HE with a mutilated body incapable of doing what a women's body was designed to do. Men help make babies and women carry and birth babies. The two are different and that this is even a topic of discussion is a clear sign of how dangerously out of kilter the world has become.  So doctors can give the appearance of the opposite sex they don't have biologically accurate nor biologically correctly functioning parts.

21 hours ago, Dave A said:

I think there needs to be a new type of xlr connectors. They must have the same number of male and female components and you are not allowed to categorize the polarity nor assign artificial man created names to them. They will be allowed to be what they want on any given day and whether it all works right does not matter as long as the  xlr's can plug into each other some kind of way. The laws of electricity are a cisgendered construct and have no bearing on reality.

What are you, God?

actually i know a transgender individual back growing up in hawaii. its not uncommon to meet and know what we call "mahu" or gay man. i know this one "guy" since we were little kids and he always liked girly things and was very feminine. he would get picked on all the time and our group of friends would always back him up and even beat the crap out of several guys that would pick on him throughout highschool. he was definitely one of the tiny percent that should and did get sex reassignment surgery. 

the best part of this entire story is that years later in our mid 20s, i met a large group of former highschool classmates and several of the guys that used to pick on my friend pulled me on the side and asked "whos the hottie?" my friend was much more beautiful than she was ever handsome. shes very happy and is in a happy relationship. her boyfriend is happy and knows her history. 

they dont advertise it and they stick to themselves which is fine. she will always be the kid i grew up with that just needed a friend. 

now granted this is a very rare case and story. since then, i met alot of "transgender" individuals that just seem confused and emotional wrecks. i stay away from those types. by the way, my friend never tried to push anything on anyone as is with todays society.