More Gender Angst

Jeff Matthews

1 minute ago, Zen Traveler said:

and encouraged to do so at school, then parent says no and then gets in trouble.

Look it up. England and Canada right now. Passed in the state of Massachussets a couple of years ago and you can find the statutes if you care to dig. Other states like California and Washington are looking at doing this to.

To heck with it folks.  Let's just go universal bathrooms and showers for all.  It'd be a big party, nationwide.  Birth rates would go up exponentially and the government would have to figure out ways to kill more of us for population control.  Hey, it's 2019, anything goes right??  Accept everything and everyone.  Murderers, rapists, pp touchers, are all good somewhere inside as many want us to believe.  Sorry, maybe a bit too far.  Where do we draw the line?

• Haha 1

Guess it was a matter of time until it led to this previously in this thread. Texas being more flexible and common sensical than other places. One may think this unusual but, Texas has been a forerunner in the past on personal liberty. One can just imagine the common call of nature out on the prairie being a logical start. Not sure that is the link but, others in the same and other places just go aghast at the thought let alone the logical conclusion. Sometime a blast of the reality, and the ultimate conclusion answers that question. As to transgender issues, a little stepping back and sensitivity may go along ways towards understanding ones hopes and desires in this time in place in space. I mean, someone has to get real at some point. Some things are just not practical and may impede on others right to privacy. As said earlier physical comes into it from either side of the sex reality. Hope this set of issues can be resolved by even handed practicality and not some arbitrary intrusion that will not be welcomed by either side of the issues.

Just now, ACV92 said:

To heck with it folks.  Let's just go universal bathrooms and showers for all. 

A lot of the world already does this. 

Just now, ACV92 said:

It'd be a big party, nationwide.  Birth rates would go up exponentially and the government would have to figure out ways to kill more of us for population control.  Hey, it's 2019, anything goes right??  Accept everything and everyone.  Murderers, rapists, pp touchers, are all good somewhere inside as many want us to believe. 

I think you are lumping a lot of things together that don't belong.

Just now, ACV92 said:

Sorry, maybe a bit too far.  Where do we draw the line?

Your comment above would be a good starting place. Transgender folks seem to be the odd-man-out in your reply insofar as personal rights are concerned. 

1 minute ago, Zen Traveler said:

They were when they defeated the Bathroom Bill....Unfortunately some people want to bring it back this legislative session.

Well, liberty is sometimes a hard fight. At least, and I know this sounds trite, we have some liberties to decide compared to others, as you know...

7 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

A lot of the world already does this. 

I think you are lumping a lot of things together that don't belong.

Your comment above would be a good starting place. Transgender folks seem to be the odd-man-out in your reply insofar as personal rights are concerned. 

I didn't disparage transgender folks intentionally, true transgender, not choice.  The lines are blurred.  We've made concessions for .6% of the population, to the tune of millions and millions of dollars for what?  To decide which bathroom to use?  Quite frankly, if a chromosomal woman walks into a men's bathroom because she thinks she's a man, 99.4% of the people in that bathroom are going to be getting uncomfortably close to the urinal.  Same goes in the opposite.  If a 6'4" man walks into the ladies restroom in a dress I don't think the ladies are going to be very happy.  "Parts is parts", immortal words of Ernest P. Worrell.  I can see you shaking your head now.  :D 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, K5SS said:

I’m surprised we’ve made it to page 6, with no links to this clip. It’s ma’am! 

That's because it's off topic.

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 4:22 PM, oldtimer said:

Race, religion, politics.  Sexual politics are OK?  What if the subject is a combination of racial sexual politics, and they happen to belong to a cult, such as (oh yeah fill in the blank, I'm not going there).  I recall, the subject is sports....

13 minutes ago, ACV92 said:

To decide which bathroom to use?  Quite frankly, if a chromosomal woman walks into a men's bathroom because she thinks she's a man, 99.4% of the people in that bathroom are going to be getting uncomfortably close to the urinal.  Same goes in the opposite. 

I'm not sure what you are saying here but my guess is if Caitlin Jenner walked into a Men's bathroom she would garner more negative attention than if she used the women's. Otoh, our real-world situation was having a 6 to 7 year old walk into the women's dressing room with girls saying, "There is a boy in here," and embarrassing the person immensely. A year later that same person uses the Men's and no one has said a word. Even those that knew him as a girl didn't get upset and it surprisingly seemed like a non-issue. 

7 minutes ago, K5SS said:

If you aren’t paying attention to the bigger picture of this conversation, you are correct. 

I understand. That is why I keep cautioning folks not to go over the line unless they want this thread locked by the moderators. {Edit: Btw, I don't care because it's not my issue and notice there aren't any women involved with the conversation and it is about transgender athletes in their sports.}

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ACV92 said:

I didn't disparage transgender folks intentionally, true transgender, not choice.  The lines are blurred.  We've made concessions for .6% of the population, to the tune of millions and millions of dollars for what?  To decide which bathroom to use?  Quite frankly, if a chromosomal woman walks into a men's bathroom because she thinks she's a man, 99.4% of the people in that bathroom are going to be getting uncomfortably close to the urinal.  Same goes in the opposite.  If a 6'4" man walks into the ladies restroom in a dress I don't think the ladies are going to be very happy.  "Parts is parts", immortal words of Ernest P. Worrell.  I can see you shaking your head now.  :D 

Yes there is confusion over the issue. Just because I feel intimidated or otherwise uncomfortable over a young lady pumping iron well, guess I will just be uncomfortable. A balance would be nice without a sports call like...outside interference.

• Like 1

Well it's changed me!

I leave the seat up now on purpose with a purpose!

Heshe created the toxic me, now deal with it!

They fuss because I won't/can't cross my legs, `cause the way I think (the normal male chivalrous values), cause I'm this, cause I'm that...... ARRGGGGHHH!

I will not p+ss on the seat though, they haven't ticked me off that much.... yet.

F   `em all if they/you/he/she/it refuse now to accept reality, it'll have to accept that heshe have to touch that seat and I don't have to because I pick it up with the edge of my boot and I flush it the same way.

I only hope they/it remember when all of us lowered the seat out of kindness and respect.

All that b*tch#ng has erased that so I'm sorry if you're a cool/regular gal and you get there after me. Convince the others to quit their belly achin' and I'll start lowering the seat again!

Better not confuse me with the signs outside the bathrooms, I'll just whip it out for God & everybody to see and pee between the doors and tell them/they/it that I was confused!

Then maybe I can sue it for hurting my feelings & embarrassing me because they/them did not explain things well enough for standard/regular/old fashioned males and females.

And why do you say "excuse me" in a situation where you're barreling down the aisle at 15 mph, wouldn't "F you, get out of my way" be more appropriate? That's what I see on your face and in your eyes!

"Go get the tar and feathers!"

I've got it here, I put it out when the election people start showing up the last couple of times.

Don't come here to ask me to....... or ......!

You've forgotten that it's a two way street

& that I know that you've lost your mind, and I'm not playin' your games (puckered kisser smiley)

• Like 1

I can take that link down, if you guys think it would cause this thread to get locked.

I am the type where I think we are all more alike than we are all different so I tend to look at the world through rose colored glasses at times, cause I like the view.

These are the types of provocative  conversations that can help speed up positive changes and I would hate it if this thread were shutdown, because of a stupid video.

If you have some extra time, and you need a good laugh, google “it’s ma’am meme”...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

I'm not sure what you are saying here but my guess is if Caitlin Jenner walked into a Men's bathroom she would garner more negative attention than if she used the women's. Otoh, our real-world situation was that we had a 6 to 7 year old walk into the women's dressing room with girls saying, "There is a boy in here," and embarrassing the person immensely. A year later that same person uses the Men's and no one has said a word. Even those that knew him as a girl didn't get upset and it surprisingly seemed like a non-issue. That really surprised me.

Look, ZT, I get where you're coming from.  My point is that everyone of us has to deal with 'abnormalities' every day.  I used to be called Pinocchio when I was a freshman due to my nose being a little large for my face at the time.  Well, as time went on, my head got bigger and everything has worked out OK.  This constant effort of 'philanthropy' is lost when it isn't true.  Many people today pound there chest's for this movement, or that.  But why do they do it?  To help the affected people, or because it makes them feel better about themselves?  True philanthropy is a noble quest, but often falls significantly short.  BTW, what happened to the 'little people' movement?  Still don't see too many provisions being made for them.  Again, true philanthropic people are unusually dynamic.  They don't just pick this or that.

• Like 1