Any deals to be had on new Emotiva stuff? Or used xpa3 gen3?

jordan122345

beb3? Am getting ready to order the amp as well and trying to not spend the $1200 new on a spa 3 gen 3. Are there any dealers out there that get any better pricing? Also I see on Audiogon there is a used xpa 3 gen 3 for only $850 shipped. I have never purchased from there before should I expect any issues? 

I believe Emotiva has it's own delivery system, no dealers involved, at least that's how it used to be. Audiogon is an excellent place for gear, lots of great sellers there. 

Tim @teaman has lots of Emotiva products and keeps up on various used gears sites, Facebook Marketplace is a good source. You might try Facebook and Craigslist (Search Tempest) to see if you can find something local to you, and avoid the costly shipping of a used 80 lb amp. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ceptorman said:

I believe Emotiva has it's own delivery system, no dealers involved, at least that's how it used to be. Audiogon is an excellent place for gear, lots of great sellers there. 

Tim @teaman has lots of Emotiva products and keeps up on various used gears sites, Facebook Marketplace is a good source. You might try Facebook and Craigslist (Search Tempest) to see if you can find something local to you, and avoid the costly shipping of a used 80 lb amp. 

Ok that's good. So $850 shipped good deal on a 1 year old Emotiva XPA3 gen 3?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jordan122345 said:

Yea that sounds like a very good buy. I like how those amps can be updated with more channels.

Some of the used gen1 and gen2 amps are selling for what their msrp was. 

Teaman seems to find some real bargains.

Have you tried the Emotiva forum classified? They show up there but usually don't last long.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jordan122345 said:

That seems like a fair deal Jordan. There have not been too many Gen 3 amps up for sale. The new amps went from torroidal supply to switching power rail so there are still a lot of people on the fence about that. 

https://www.summithifi.com/collections/tonewinner-audio

You can also look into ToneWinner, which was Emotiva's amp builder for years. They are now in North America and sell exclusively through Summit. Free shipping to the US and Canada plus a 45 day free in home trial period.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

Yea that sounds like a very good buy. I like how those amps can be updated with more channels.

Some of the used gen1 and gen2 amps are selling for what their msrp was. 

Teaman seems to find some real bargains.

Have you tried the Emotiva forum classified? They show up there but usually don't last long.

Ok well I pulled the trigger on the used xpa 3 gen 3 on audiogon. Wish me luck. Thanks for the info guys 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jordan122345 said:

Well the guy I got it from has quite a few sales and pretty dang good feedback. Fingers crossed 

Don't forget to ask the seller to transfer the warranty to you. Only he can do it by contacting Emotiva. The amps come with a 5 yr transferable warranty.

• Like 1