2-way Jubilee CD?

HPower

19 minutes ago, PrestonTom said:

In a two-way system, the driver on the K-402 (or on the K-510) is a K-691 (the older version was a K-69). 

The 1132 would be used as the mid driver (on a K-402) in a three-way system. The 1132 does not go high enough in frequency to be used in a two-way system. 

That's what I also thought Tom, but looking at the configuration on the KPT-942, it shows the K1132 as the driver on the 402.

https://www.klipsch.ca/pro/cinema/behind-the-screen/2-way

I think that DaveA has the K-1132 on his 402s that he is planning to use as 2-way with his "soon to be" Supper MWMs... not sure how to ping Dave to this thread.

I believe the midrange driver for the 3-way Jub has the K-1133 for the compression driver on the 402.

14 minutes ago, HPower said:

I think that DaveA has the K-1132 on his 402s that he is planning to use as 2-way with his "soon to be" Supper MWMs... not sure how to ping Dave to this thread.

I believe the midrange driver for the 3-way Jub has the K-1133 for the compression driver on the 402. 

You do it this way...

@Dave A

I can believe the 1132 will work just fine for two way systems and it also happens to do so on the KPT-456's and no one complains about frequency cutoff with those. Frequency response up to 18khz for both systems and I doubt many on this forum can hear this high or higher. While I do not have the 1132's and the 402's dialed in yet with bi-amping and the xilica  I can tell you it has the same apparent range as the MCM 1900 did when I had the OEM mids and tweets on top. The 402 has much more definition and presence though.

I have guys tell me about the 1133 and to get the full range of sound I need a three way but my experience with the KPT456's and these 402's + 1132's satisfy me in every way.

2 hours ago, PrestonTom said:

I stand by my original comments. However I might be wrong.

At this point if someone is about to make the purchase, you should probably get Roy's opinion. 

Roy was in charge when the 942 was designed as a full range two way theater system. I think we know what he will say but why don't you send him a PM and find out?

Editing this to be relevant to a two way system only. I have no idea if Roy would say three way over two way just that he did design this to be a two way and it works.

I am not sure who the most recent "happy camper" is that has taken delivery of a pair of 2-way Jubilees but would be very curious

to know what CD came with their system and if there was dialog as to which Klipsch driver to go with.

@Dave A

Dave, how and where did you decide to purchase this combo K402/K1132?

Just to update everybody on my journey, I built a pair of "Jub-likes" a couple years ago and then "lost my mind" and sold them to Claude last spring.

The bass bins where pretty darn close to OEM and I drove the 402s with a pair of Faital HF-200s.

By far the best sound I have had in my home!!!

Anyways, I have just completed a Peavey FH-1 (Crites cast woofers) and K510 (Faital HF-200) that sound very GOOD thanks to Chris's help setting

up the Xilica XP4080.

But with that said, I am not getting the magic that the K402 delivered to my room.

I am now thinking about acquiring a pair of new K402s to place on top of the FH-1s (for now) but I am not sure about what Klipsch CD would be best.

Since I do have my K510s with the HF-200, I could go 3-way by adding the K1133 to the K402, or stick with what I know worked with the Jub-likes as a 2-way.

As I mentioned, I thought the K691 was the 2-way driver but I only see it listed as the tweeter driver in a 3-way and the K1132 as the 2-way driver.

Unfortunately, the Klipsch web site does not outline a 2-way Jub on their commercial section of their web site.

=== I use the Faital HF200 on my 2-way Jubilees. Thinking I might enjoy a bit more sparkle on top I asked B Crites for alternatives and he suggested the HF200t, titanium. I’ve since found switching preamps, one with parametric tone controls, gives me close to what I was looking for. 

The 1132's are a matter of having extra drivers from some of my KPT-456 buys. So I have heard them in those two way systems. I was fortunate to get a set of 402's but no drivers. I see the two and four woofer 942's using these same drivers and the 402 so I figure if it is good enough for current Klipsch offerings it's good enough for me. So far after a week of use I see no reason to change to another driver for the 402. I am sure there are some better, isn't there always it seems, but this is good enough for me. Keep in mind they sound really nice on a passive MCM 1900 crossover hooked to the mid output so I am certain it will be much better when I get the xilica and bi-amp thing going.

I read about 402's a number of times but had never heard any except at Cory's on his Jubes where they were very nice. When I took the mids and tweets off the MCM 1900 and put the 402 - 1132's on there instead the very first time I played them was a revelation. I had no idea how much better than any other horn lens they were.

• Moderators

Didn't someone a couple of years ago from across the pond ( I don't remember where) buy Jubes and was accidentally sent the 1132 driver by a cinema dealer (I think). He sent some inquiries as to the sound to find out he was sent the wrong drivers, they were switched out for him and he was good. I don't remember what his complaint was but they figured out it was the wrong drivers.

I don't remember who it was or the specific problem but I do remember the story.

I don't remember the 1132 being for the Jube or people recommending it, I always thought it was for behind a screen and hotter.  I thought that's why it didn't do so great with the normal active settings?

Just an opinion or bad memory and could be completely off ?

4 hours ago, dtel said:

Didn't someone a couple of years ago from across the pond ( I don't remember where) buy Jubes and was accidentally sent the 1132 driver by a cinema dealer (I think). He sent some inquiries as to the sound to find out he was sent the wrong drivers, they were switched out for him and he was good. I don't remember what his complaint was but they figured out it was the wrong drivers.

I don't remember who it was or the specific problem but I do remember the story.

I don't remember the 1132 being for the Jube or people recommending it, I always thought it was for behind a screen and hotter.  I thought that's why it didn't do so great with the normal active settings?

Just an opinion or bad memory and could be completely off ?

No, your memory is not bad.  It was a customer from England, who by the way had his Jubilees set up in a relatively small room, with a view of his fine English garden.  There was a picture of them here on the forum, with the speakers in place in his listening room.  He did find the sound to be off in some way, and when he asked about it, the mixup was discovered and he was sent a pair of K-69s.  He was very happy with the sound once he had the correct drivers installed.

4 hours ago, dtel said:

That would have been Ralph in Slough, England (outside London).  When I visited with him, he (somewhat under his breath) said he didn't feel his speakers had enough "tinkle" to them.  When I looked at them, I was looking down a tube (on the 402) instead of the bug screen which is pretty flush otherwise.  I never thought about turning it around but got a picture to Roy and Roy confirmed he had a wrong driver & sent the correct one and Ralph's tinkle, was restored.... 

I love a story with a tinkley ending.

• Haha 1