2-way Jubilee CD?

HPower

47 minutes ago, Islander said:

It was a customer from England,

OK, why don't you just jump in front of my comment, never mind it was 38 minutes ago!!

Ralph was also a quasi-dealer as I understand it.  He helped someone else in England get a pair.  (was he an official dealer, I don't know but on his website that I used to know, he advertised them)

(shrugs shoulders)

Dave, you are so right about the amazing sound that the K402 delivers.

IMHO, it is what makes a Jubilee so incredible.

And for some to question the merits of a Jubulee system either cannot hear or need to listen more carefully.

I was using the HF-200 on my Jub-likes and was very happy with this 2-way set up!

That is the driver that is currently on the back of my 510s, so I do have those available to me.

With the Peavey cabinets only being about 25-26 inches tall and then the 14 inch tall top hat I built for the 510, I am only

about 42 inches of total height so I could be able to fit a 402 on top to make a 3-way.

IMG_0991_sm.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dtel said:

I don't remember the 1132 being for the Jube or people recommending it, I always thought it was for behind a screen and hotter.  I thought that's why it didn't do so great with the normal active settings?

I was asked about what I thought of these 1132's but remember I am not using them on a Jube they are on MWM's and soon to be Super MWM's. Still in a purely two way system I don't see how these could be bad and settings can be tailored to suit. I know to my satisfaction by actually listening in person to both the 456's and sitting on my MWM's with the 402 they are awesome drivers. I have not listened to many bigger drivers so I cant compare to others but I am not looking further at this time.

By the way here are the specs for the DE75 and it sure looks like the same thing as the 1132 for frequency response.

Specifications: • Power handling: 110 watts RMS/220 watts program above recommended crossover of 0.8 kHz/12 dB slope • VCdia: 3" • Impedance: 8 ohms • Frequency response: 500-18,000 Hz • Dimensions: 6.7" diameter x 2.5" depth • Net weight: 9.9 lb.

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Islander said:

No, your memory is not bad.

6 hours ago, Coytee said:

That would have been Ralph in Slough, England (outside London).

Thank you, I knew I remembered something about that happening, didn't want to just sound negative about the 1132 driver in a 2 way.

• Moderators
6 hours ago, HPower said:

Dave, you are so right about the amazing sound that the K402 delivers.

IMHO, it is what makes a Jubilee so incredible.

I completely agree, the bass bin is very good but it's the 402 that makes it great. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Dave A said:

I was asked about what I thought of these 1132's but remember I am not using them on a Jube they are on MWM's and soon to be Super MWM's. Still in a purely two way system I don't see how these could be bad and settings can be tailored to suit.

Jube MWM there is little difference really, when both are 2 way, not being a technical person I would imagine they can be tailored to fit ? 

I am not the person to know how or what to adjust, don't think I have ever heard the 1132 but there must be a reason why it was not used for 2 way. If it were me I would try to get info as what to do to make it work since you have them already. 

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 10:51 AM, Dave A said:

By the way here are the specs for the DE75 and it sure looks like the same thing as the 1132 for frequency response.

Specifications: • Power handling: 110 watts RMS/220 watts program above recommended crossover of 0.8 kHz/12 dB slope • VCdia: 3" • Impedance: 8 ohms • Frequency response: 500-18,000 Hz • Dimensions: 6.7" diameter x 2.5" depth • Net weight: 9.9 lb.

Yep that (DE75) is what I have on my 402's and they sound damn good to me!

On 2/20/2019 at 12:43 PM, dtel said:

Jube MWM there is little difference really, when both are 2 way, not being a technical person I would imagine they can be tailored to fit ? 

I am not the person to know how or what to adjust, don't think I have ever heard the 1132 but there must be a reason why it was not used for 2 way. If it were me I would try to get info as what to do to make it work since you have them already. 

We will see the answer guy soon in Hope. The specs I see online for the 1132 and 691 indicate they are interchangeable. I have a feeling a lot of drivers would make people happy on the 402.

On 2/19/2019 at 4:31 PM, PrestonTom said:

In a two-way system, the driver on the K-402 (or on the K-510) is a K-691 (the older version was a K-69). 

The 1132 would be used as the mid driver (on a K-402) in a three-way system. The 1132 does not go high enough in frequency to be used in a two-way system. 

I think you are talking about the 1133 for 3 way. The 1132 (both Klipsch made) is designed for a 2-way. Same diaphragm and structure, just different phase plug. AFAIK.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Dave A said:

We will see the answer guy soon in Hope. The specs I see online for the 1132 and 691 indicate they are interchangeable. I have a feeling a lot of drivers would make people happy on the 402.

1 hour ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

I think you are talking about the 1133 for 3 way. The 1132 (both Klipsch made) is designed for a 2-way. Same diaphragm and structure, just different phase plug. AFAIK.

OK now you two have me wondering, I may be mixing up the 1132 and 1133, now I don't remember which one I was thinking of or remembering.

Sorry if I caused any confusion, I may have been thinking of the 1133 ?

I believe Claude is correct.

The K-1133 is utilized as the mid range compression driver in the various 3-way systems, typically on the back of a K402.

The K-1132 is the driver that is listed on many of the pro 2-way systems on the back of the K402 as the HF section, i.e. the KPT-942.

Since the 2-way Jubilee has been more of a special Home/Pro model, it does not seem to be actually listed in the online brochure, so

I was finding it difficult to identify how it is usually delivered.

The consensus does seem to be that the K-691 is the typical driver supplied in the home 2-way Jub, as I originally suspected.

KPT-JUBILEE:535.png

KPT-942.png

16 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:
   On 2/19/2019 at 4:31 PM,  PrestonTom said: 

In a two-way system, the driver on the K-402 (or on the K-510) is a K-691 (the older version was a K-69). 

The 1132 would be used as the mid driver (on a K-402) in a three-way system. The 1132 does not go high enough in frequency to be used in a two-way system. 

I think Claude may be correct about confusing 1133 & 1132

Thank goodness his memory is better than mine

I found a nice used radian 950pb-16 on eBay to try in a k510 for my center channel. Should be a fun experiment using my heresy for the LF cab. I tried it once with the included k69 but I think that driver diaphragm might have been messed up because it sounded very odd.