2-way Jubilee CD?

HPower

16 hours ago, dtel said:

OK now you two have me wondering, I may be mixing up the 1132 and 1133, now I don't remember which one I was thinking of or remembering.

Sorry if I caused any confusion, I may have been thinking of the 1133 ?

The last digit is the key. The one that ends with a 2 is for 2-way, the one that ends with a 3 is for 3 way.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

The last digit is the key. The one that ends with a 2 is for 2-way, the one that ends with a 3 is for 3 way.

Simple things like that make me feel really dumb, I should have known the way Klipsch has named things in the past it's not surprising.  

37 minutes ago, dtel said:

Simple things like that make me feel really dumb, I should have known the way Klipsch has named things in the past it's not surprising.  

It's one of the few times that a numbering system makes sense. I found very few that ever did. The was you should feel is that you own some of the best sound available anywhere. Your MWM build is something to be proud of. All this other stuff is unimportant in comparison.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, AHall said:

I found a nice used radian 950pb-16 on eBay to try in a k510 for my center channel. Should be a fun experiment using my heresy for the LF cab. I tried it once with the included k69 but I think that driver diaphragm might have been messed up because it sounded very odd. 

Let me know how that goes. I'm thinking about doing a stereo rig with the super heresy mod as a bottom end for k510/k691s instead of building new cabinets (I have a couple of mid eighties H2s in storage somewhere.)

2 hours ago, MenloBob said:

Let me know how that goes. I'm thinking about doing a stereo rig with the super heresy mod as a bottom end for k510/k691s instead of building new cabinets (I have a couple of mid eighties H2s in storage somewhere.)

Im sure it’ll be a nice improvement for voices, but I won’t be satisfied til I build an adequate bass bin. 

13 hours ago, mikebse2a3 said:

This thread and Links for other threads for a little more info. 

The 402/K1133 and K510/De75 combination I owned was very special on vocals especially and gives the K402/TAD-TD4002 a good run for the money IMHO.

13 hours ago, mikebse2a3 said:

THANKS Mike!

This is exactly the type of info I was hoping for, very informative.

What it does have me thinking is to give the 3-way configuration a try with the K1133 on the 402 mid horn and

then either the K691 or my HF-200s on the 510.

For the time being I will use the rebuilt Peavey FH-1s for bass bins, which have actually impressed me.

Especially considering the cost of them, I probably 🤔 have more tied up in them for the veneer than the raw bins cost me. 

Would look something like this...

3_way_Mock-up.jpg

The FH-1 bins are a bit ugly in their raw form, but are a close, very close match with the LaScala bottoms. An easier build if going from scratch as well.

Are those Frugal Horns on the inside of the FH-1s?

Bruce

6 hours ago, Marvel said:

The FH-1 bins are a bit ugly in their raw form, but are a close, very close match with the LaScala bottoms. An easier build if going from scratch as well.

Are those Frugal Horns on the inside of the FH-1s?

Bruce

Ya Bruce, Frugalhorns with Planet 10, Alpair 7.3eN drivers, I veneered them in Cherry.

A very fun little speaker that surprises with what it can do!

Well, lifes been too busy with vacation out of the country and work. Am going to put them on my jbl 2665 horns first, on top of my LS.

They were actually the original driver shipped with the k-402... not a possible driver. They have a little breakup, up high, I believe, partly due to the titanium. I'm not averse to trying three way, it would require less PEQs, to start with. At least I think so.

We have some stressors going on at work and with some family, so we've a bit of distraction. I must get back to them or ship them back.