Cornwall's from Acousticsounddesign.com

Frozmeister

6 hours ago, kink56 said:

I think 70 pairs each were made for the Special Ed. matte black, rosewood, California black walnut and the Australian Walnut-70th anniversary Ed.

So that is 280 pairs of special or anniversary Ed. Cornwalls.  They are selling these as a pair for about the same price they are being offered as per speaker on other sites. In fact they are offering them for $1200 LESS than what they offer for a open box minor chip and dent pair of black walnut Cornwalls. I do not understand this pricing. 

the simple fact that this is a pair at this price is why im trying desperately to convince my wife of letting me use the credit card :) yes we can get a cheaper b-stock set but im thinking 30+ years from now when my kids take over these beauties and smile.

Kink56 is right on the money.  70 pairs were made in the rosewood and they are serial number sequentially matched.  The boxes' nomenclature reference each other and tell the dealer to sell them together.  The badge on the back of each speaker is pretty cool.  I was pleasantly surprised.  I have attached a pic.  The really interesting thing is the guy who tested and signed off on the speakers is named Victor.   Victor shares the same last name as the artisan who built the speakers and signed the SE badges.  Hope, AR...really small town. :)

Badge.jpg

Yeah it is confusing why they are so inexpensive.  The same seller has 3 sets of chip and dent Special Ed. Walnut Cornwalls for $1200 MORE: 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KLIPSCH-CORNWALL-III-CALIFORNIA-BLACK-WALNUT-OPEN-BOX-MINOR-CHIP-AND-DENT-PAIR/372464977627?hash=item56b8a486db:g:RTUAAOSwt6NbvQyy:rk:2:pf:0

Now what is the better deal? 

I am not a fan of walnut as it seems to be the most common wood used for speakers and it reminds me of gun stock. (Even though I have a pair of Heresy IIIs in walnut). 

So, I bought a set of those rosewood Cornwalls! Too good to be true prices.   I wonder if they are going to come out with a new Cornwall design soon with a larger tratrix mid horn like the one used on the Forte III?      Since they have recently upgraded both the La Scala and K-horn, maybe an upgraded Cornwall is in the works? 

I have a set of Forte I with Crites Ti tweeter and crossover. And the mentioned Heresy III.  I like both of them.  So, I am thinking I will like these Cornwalls just fine.   But I cannot help but wonder what a Forte III mid horn would sound like in the Cornwall. Of course I think it would also need a new crossover to compensate. 

Well it seems they are meant to be sold in pairs, so then that would make sense.  Heck for the price they are going one could almost buy a pair and sell one off as a single.  Or find someone also interested in a single beforehand and go in together, split the forwarding shipping cost. They (along with Heresy, and Belle) were originally intended for as a center channel for K-horns. 

2 hours ago, kink56 said:

I am not a fan of walnut as it seems to be the most common wood used for speakers and it reminds me of gun stock.

I can add to those by saying that around where I live the tree is practically a weed!

So, I bought a set of those rosewood Cornwalls! Too good to be true prices.   I wonder if they are going to come out with a new Cornwall design soon with a larger tratrix mid horn like the one used on the Forte III?

Those prices; were there B-stock of those speakers?  Or perhaps he thought he'd make a killing but instead they ain't moving and wants to make room?

His prices on the "regular" CW look to be "normal", so who can say what's going on.  That doesn't make it seem as though there's an imminent CW IV (or Chorus to replace CW?). 

so it is :) i guess its only off the ebay site.

now do i use the credit card and just have my wife pissed at me for a longtime is the real question?!

I still say it must have to do with clearing out inventory making room for some sort of replacement.  Another special edition run maybe?  You'd think it would not take so long for all the dealers that carry Heritage Klipsch to run through 280 sets of Special Edition and/or 70th Anniversary Cornwalls.     Looking around it seems that the California Black Walnut has sold out of many dealers, and less so the Matte Black.  Most of the dealers that carry the Special Edition still have Indian Rosewood (although at $6599.98 a pair) and those that have Matte Black are at $5999.98 a pair.  I guess the California Black Walnut sold out first because of the lamb's wool grille, which is quite stunning. And they were going for $5999.98 a pair too.     

• 3 months later...

I purchased a pair of the rosewood Corns from Mike 4-20-19. Very pleased and so glad I did as they're pretty much all gone now. I thought long and hard about the purchase for a week before making an offer. Crutchfield had them listed on their website back when I purchased from Mike, no longer.  Crutchfield was selling em each for what I paid for a new pair from Mike.

A couple pairs of rosewood on ebay right now for $5500 plus.

Pair of Australian walnut for $5998 delivered on ebay.