Early 1963 Model H, K-1000 Heresy pair

Chris Elm

I bought these somewhere around 2005 from an elderly gentleman outside of Portland Oregon. He shipped them clear across the country in amazing double boxes. 

I used them for a few years as surrounds in a 5.1 and for a brief time as a dual center channel. Truthfully for the last 7-9 years they have been sitting in boxes not getting used. I just pulled them down from the attic (not climate controlled!! 😳) tonight and unboxed them.  And with 3 kids under 5 I don’t have the heart to have them in my living room (they’ll be destroyed in no time!).  It may be time to let someone else enjoy them. 

Is is there anything I should do to prep them before connecting them and seeing how they sound? 

Any idea of a fair valuation?  I know they are pretty rare but also know they aren’t going to fetch $2800. 

Model H-12-WO

serial #s  7B40 and 7B41

I would rate condition a 7/10.  The cane grills have a few spots on them and the cabinets have a few scratches here and there. 

11810600-9C09-405A-8F45-2F5D5EAEEDE6.jpeg

Chris, these are really nice

carlthess40, Klipsch didn't make removable grills until 1975 so these do not come off.

you should be good to go just plug and play

yours are much nicer than these and we'll get to see what they sell for

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-Model-H700-Heresy-Stereo-Speakers-Vintage-Classic/233137986257?hash=item36481b5ad1:g:380AAOSwYyVcavtH:rk:10:pf:0