Powergate.. Can you record phono on a PC via rj45/wifi?

Wask

I have the Play-Fi app on my PC but only have Play-Fi speakers, I'm just curious what options that app will give me if i connect the PC to the Powergate via play-fi. will it be an in out connection or just a broadcast output from the PC to the Powergate like i have now with my speakers...

The Klipsch PowerGate allows you to rebroadcast any audio source to other rooms in your Klipsch Stream Wireless Multi-Room Audio system. Enjoy in-room listening by selecting the line in from the Klipsch Stream app. You can even enjoy your LPs in multiple rooms of your home.

So says a Duck Duck Go search result excerpt pointing to Klipsch's website..

Whether/how you can configure your computer to be a "Klipsch Stream Wireless" client seems to be the pertinent question.

• Like 1

I am certain the Powergate will become an external PC Soundcard via the usb connection so it will function as i want, it is just stumping me why Klipsch have supplied 2 x ethernet ports? When in reality you only need to connect to the network with one for it to receive a stream from the PC unless the powergate has ethernet dual link aggregation...

Edited by Wask
forgot something..

I'm thinking the ethernet "out" is merely a network port to provide a network connection for nearby equipment so you don't have to run an additional cable from your router/switch to replace the one you'd used for the amp.

As far as the USB port, it's only an input to the amp, I'd bet.

I searched the 'net a bit for "klipsch stream client software" and "dts play-fi client software" to no avail.  DTS evidently isn't willing to let their system be used in that way. 

It appears the only way you'll be able to digItize records onto your computer from the amp is via its analog (volume-controlled) outputs.  Bluetooth to the computer may be possible, but the quality will be inferior.

EDIT: I was working on this on my phone when you added your thought on the ethernet port, which is what I'd said differently.

• Like 1

Yeah I think you are correct Glens, seems strange that they have gone to trouble of creating windows usb audio drivers for playback only. I guess i will have to use it as a play-fi phono preamp, still brings my sl1200 turntable into my multi room setup. thanks for your time Dude...

On 2/20/2019 at 6:07 PM, Wask said:

Yeah I think you are correct Glens, seems strange that they have gone to trouble of creating windows usb audio drivers for playback only. I guess i will have to use it as a play-fi phono preamp, still brings my sl1200 turntable into my multi room setup. thanks for your time Dude...

Does your surround receiver have pre-outs?  If it does, you can use an RCA to a 3.5mm jack, do the RCA's fed directly into the input jack on your sound card.  Use Audigy, and tell it to "Capture what you are hearing now".  If you need help with this, feel free to ping me...