My First ever Home theater 5.1.2 setup

Avi

Hi everyone,

I’m new to the forum and going to setup my first ever home theater setup 5.1.2 in my newly finished basement and media room 13’x20’. I am doing all the research I can and my budget is around $5k and willing to stretch a little if its really necessary. I came up with the intial list. Any thoughts/suggestions is greatly appreciated.

klipsch RP 280f (L&R)

klipsch 504c (Center)

2 klipsch RP 502s (rear surround)

2 klipsch CDT 5800-C II (in ceiling for atmos)

SVS PB2000 subwoofer

Denon AVR-X3500H receiver

Thanks again!!

Welcome to the forum!  Your proposed setup should sound pretty good, but I'm not familiar with that series of speakers, since my setup is all older Heritage Series, with some Pro Theater parts as well.

Hopefully, some other members will chime in and share their knowledge and experience with you. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Avi said:

klipsch RP 280f (L&R)

klipsch 504c (Center)

2 klipsch RP 502s (rear surround)

2 klipsch CDT 5800-C II (in ceiling for atmos)

SVS PB2000 subwoofer

Denon AVR-X3500H receiver

Do you have a picture of your living room?  It would help to better visualize how the speakers would be placed.

I'm questioning the use of RP-502s as REAR surrounds.  Those are Wide Dispersion Surround Technology which means dual side-firing woofers/tweeters.  This style of speaker is typically a SIDE surround. 

https://www.klipsch.com/products/rp-502s-surround-sound-speaker

A direct reflecting surround speaker in the BACK would typically be a bookshelf type speaker, or the wall mounted RP-500sa.

https://www.klipsch.com/products/rp-500sa-dolby-atmos-elevation-surround-speaker

11 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Do you have a picture of your living room?  It would help to better visualize how the speakers would be placed.

I'm questioning the use of RP-502s as REAR surrounds.  Those are Wide Dispersion Surround Technology which means dual side-firing woofers/tweeters.  This style of speaker is typically a SIDE surround. 

https://www.klipsch.com/products/rp-502s-surround-sound-speaker

A direct reflecting surround speaker in the BACK would typically be a bookshelf type speaker, or the wall mounted RP-500sa.

https://www.klipsch.com/products/rp-500sa-dolby-atmos-elevation-surround-speaker

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am complete newbie to this setup and I looked at RP-500sa, they will be best suited to my setup like you said. My new house is still under construction, so I only have a floor plan attached to this post to share with you. I am having it pre-wired to 7.1, planning to have 3 at the front LCR, two in-ceiling and 2 at the back.

Media room.PNG

12 hours ago, Islander said:

Welcome to the forum!  Your proposed setup should sound pretty good, but I'm not familiar with that series of speakers, since my setup is all older Heritage Series, with some Pro Theater parts as well.

Hopefully, some other members will chime in and share their knowledge and experience with you. 

I appreciate your feedback, I'm really excited. 🙂

• Like 1

You came to the right place, Avi.  I thought I knew a fair bit about stereos when I joined the forum, but since I’ve been here, my understanding of audio and audio gear has been greatly expanded.

Somehow, the size and price of my system has also been greatly expanded.  At this point, if a speaker can fit through the door, it’s not too big.  If you can somehow afford it, it’s the perfect size.  You’ll see.

• Like 1

Hey Avi!  Glad you could join.  Bit of advice though, never, ever, ever, give these folks an opportunity to enlighten you on audio type things.  They will help you spend your money, as I'm about to do.  One suggestion from me would be to double up on the subs.  Adds a few db's, helps with room modes, put's a bigger smile on your face, etc., etc.  Stick around these parts and we'll make you an addict, scout's honor.

Congrats on the new home and new setup.  Once it's done you'll have endless hours of great sounding, well, everything.  Keep us posted on your progress. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ACV92 said:

Hey Avi!  Glad you could join.  Bit of advice though, never, ever, ever, give these folks an opportunity to enlighten you on audio type things.  They will help you spend your money, as I'm about to do.  One suggestion from me would be to double up on the subs.  Adds a few db's, helps with room modes, put's a bigger smile on your face, etc., etc.  Stick around these parts and we'll make you an addict, scout's honor.

Congrats on the new home and new setup.  Once it's done you'll have endless hours of great sounding, well, everything.  Keep us posted on your progress. 

Thank you so much for ur kind words. I will def update once I have my setup in place.

• Like 1